• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Norway vs. Australia

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Thought it would be interesting to create a thread where Hakon and the Aussies can slag each other off about tonights football game

Let the insults begin!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I thought you would...

That's why I made the thread(and to add to my post count, and because I'm bored)

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
Who on earth cares about a friendly match played at Craven Cottage??
Aussies count friendlies as the be-all and end-all of International football, remember.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
thewizard1o1 said:
Hope they play better then the under 19 chicks are...:disgust:
Young Matilda's are 4-nil up at half time against Thailand. Nothing wrong with that, unless of course Perth is getting delayed telecast and we fail miserably int he second half :p

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2-2, fair enough result, emmo and cahill played blinders, its all part of the master plan of qualifying for the 06 WC, so the result wasnt that important....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
broncoman said:
its all part of the master plan of qualifying for the 06 WC, so the result wasnt that important....
Same for us. Got a few answers from the match at least :)

With a bit of luck you might get to play Venezuela... :p

Simon

venezuela arent doing that badly which is good, but im guessing we are going to meet Chilie, providing we beat the Solomons again....

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Code:
4. Ecuador 	10	4	1 	5	11	11 	13
5. Chile 	10	3	4 	3	9	9 	13
6. Venezuela 	10	4	1 	5	11	14 	13
7. Uruguay 	10	3	2 	5	15	23 	11
8. Bolivia 	10	3	1 	6	11	19 	10
9. Colombia 	10	2	4 	4	11	11 	10
10. Peru 	10	2	4 	4	11	12 	10
Anyone trying to pick a fourth and fifth from that lot must have some kind of precognitive skills...

Simon

yeh, but i guess chilie can get that 5th spot, out of those sides i think Aus would prefer to avoid Uruguay and Colombia...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yet if they're as good as you all like to make out, surely they don't mind who they play (especially seeing as if they were to get this farcical automatic spot they'd have to face far bigger teams)

Simon

marc, grow up, no one is suggesting that Australia are going to win the world cup, but most people can see this is the best team we have had in a very long time....

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Neil Pickup said:
Aussies count friendlies as the be-all and end-all of International football, remember.
You boys are horribly bitter about that still hey!? We don't really get as many games in International Football as you boys so it gives us something to watch.

I think you losing that hurt more than many people will admit, but I also don't think that too many Aussies honestly thought we'd beat your team if it counted (or that it made us better than you) it was a bit of fun at the time.

I also don't think we're as bad as many people would like to make out. An English team (or any team that's decent for that matter) should be able to beat us friendly or not, considering our players only play together every so often and most of Europe and South America get their teams together on a regular basis. The fact that they don't indicates that we're ok.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
broncoman said:
marc, grow up, no one is suggesting that Australia are going to win the world cup, but most people can see this is the best team we have had in a very long time....
Yet it's still so good that you're worrying about the 5th best in South America.

Surely if it's that good, then that team shouldn't be a problem.

Certainly if they can't beat a team like that then they have no right to a World Cup spot.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well "that" team beat England remeber so aint you lucky you dont have to play that 5th place Sth American Team..... :p :p :p

Simon

marc71178 said:
Yet it's still so good that you're worrying about the 5th best in South America.

Surely if it's that good, then that team shouldn't be a problem.

Certainly if they can't beat a team like that then they have no right to a World Cup spot.
playing in south america is tough, plus we have never had a preperation for qualifying for the cup that we are having this time around. we generally have never gotten to meet good opposition before the play off, so we havent been prepared for such a tough match, this time around we will be...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
2-2 is a good result for mine.
and im still scared with myself for being able to instantly pick the tune to ians "3-1" song :p