• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

European Rugby Matches

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Wilkinson is a big loss - but Johnson is even bigger IMO, an awesome leader.

The good thing is at least Wilkinson will be back soon.
Will he though? He's had more false starts than Linford Christie in Atlanta...

The key losses for England IMHO were Johnson, Back, Catt (ye gads) and now Hill.

Re: NZ vs Italy - plenty to be pleased about, and a few things to tidy up. Carter stamped his class, but I wonder if his kicking from hand was meant to stay in play. If not, it's still something to work on (aside from that delightful chip).

Taemoepeau was very good in his debut - because he is quite light for a prop (105kg) he is still fairly mobile and has a good work rate around the field.

McCaw was his usual oustanding self, while Muliaina and Smith both went rather well.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Looks at trophy cabinet.
you're lucky the world cup is only held every 4 years, other wise the trophy cabinet would be looking rather bare since losing the 6 nations....

PY

International Coach
Voltman said:
and now Hill.
We have a winner, he's up there with Johnson in the losses in my opinion.

If you look who we've lost in the 12 months to injury and retirement, you write us off at your peril.

Johnson,
Leonard,
Hill,
Back,
Dallaglio,
Dawson,
Wilkinson,
Tindall,
Moody,
Lewsey,
Catt
etc.

All those have had bad injuries recently or retired. Granted we aren't as dominant but to say we're not going to challenge for no. 1 in the world is a little short I reckon.

bryce

International Regular
marc71178 said:
And presently, which side hold the World Cup?
you don't need me to answer that question lol....

of course i know england hold the world cup, of course i know england are world champions blah, blah, blah. i just do not think there current team is close to being as competitive as the team that won the world cup and i think you would even agree with that ? it will be interesting to see how they go in their upcoming internationals, i'll give credit when credits due.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
If you look at the 4 years leading up to the 2003 World Cup, England fully deserved to win it.

It's too early to suggest that they'll be out of the running for the 2007 World Cup, but in the short term I think they'll struggle away from their home turf.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting, England get a pretty easy win against tri nations champs South Africa and France lose to Argentina. NZ struggle against Wales, and Australia aren't convincing against Scotland

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Amazing how suddenly England don't look half as bad as most of the previous posts suggest. SA were flattered by a late try in getting comprehensively beaten and NZ & Australia were very patchy in their games. France are still as inconsistent as ever.