• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2005 NRL draw named

Craig

World Traveller
Full story

The Round one clash looks pretty good between the Bulldogs and Roosters. Naturally as somebodyy who hates the Roostters guts (who doesn't?) I hope the Bulldogs wiin.

70's week should be interesting, what next for 2006 - 60's week?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
umm craig, dragons are playing bulldogs round 1, do u ever get anything right lol!!!

Im disapointed When Brisbane play in Canberra it will be without origin players, that happened in 2002 as well :@

Craig

World Traveller
broncoman said:
do u ever get anything right lol!!!
Yeah I do. My mistake on this occasion.

Interesting that Melbourne and Newcastle play each other in Round 1 in both 2003 and 2004.

Simon

manly finished above warriors last season nibbs, and put 50 on them late in 04 didnt they?

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Tough game for the parra...wests tigers first up, should give us a decent pointer as to how we will go this season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The Warriors couldn't have asked for a better opening draw:

Home v Sea Eagles
Away v Broncos
Home v Cowboys
Home v Rabbitohs
Away v Tigers
Away v Knights
BYE

Tricky 2nd round match at Suncorp but I think all the other matches are well within range if they get off to a good start.

bryce

International Regular
yeah with those opening games it is imperative they get off to a good start and get their season on track.

Simon

Tim said:
The Warriors couldn't have asked for a better opening draw:

Home v Sea Eagles
Away v Broncos
Home v Cowboys
Home v Rabbitohs
Away v Tigers
Away v Knights
BYE

Tricky 2nd round match at Suncorp but I think all the other matches are well within range if they get off to a good start.
they will beat Souths and lose the rest, and tony kemp will be out of a job...

Simon

ok, but i dont see where else they will get a win, manly are rebuilding and finished the season strongly, Tigers arent easy away *shudders* and Knights with Johns back should beat most teams.....

nibbs

International Captain
broncoman said:
they will beat Souths and lose the rest, and tony kemp will be out of a job...
hard to say that happening really. imo, its worth noting that, last season the warriors were really unfit. heaps of them spent far too much time in the gym building up muscles. this made them overweight, slow and unfit, which had a significant effect on our downfall last season.

since then our head trainer has been sacked and the team has been working on fitness. for instance they've been running up one tree hill which is one hell of a run... i'm confident that our fowards will be fitter and faster next year.

i'm also glad we have some real leaders in the squad. i've never rated betham as much fo captain. stacey jones is a player that players look up to, but he has never been a leader. wiki and price however are leaders and will have already earned the respect of those around them. there should be a whole new attitude at the club next season.

jones struggled last year, but the fowards will be better, plus he'll have nathan fien alongside him. imo, he'll be making more kicks from inside the oppoisitions half due to better foward position given by the fowards, and further he wont have to do all the kicking anymore. fien has we all saw in the playoffs is a top preformer and has to be one of the best buys last season.

i'm confident that things will change, and change quickly

Craig

World Traveller
Johns will probably get injurede again, Newcastle are over-rated, the Warriors have bought well this year annd hopefully Steve Turner will get a lot more game time since Ben MacDougall has gone to play Rugby in Scotland.