• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

League Tri-Nations

Craig

World Traveller
Talk about a hot and cold performance by Brent Webb in his goal kick :crazy: :mad:

The first half was great, but don't talk to me about the second :mad2:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's inevitable that when Australia get it right, they will beat NZ comfortably.
New Zealand just don't have a decent 5/8 or halfback at the moment who can kick & find gaps or put runners into open space.

I expect that the physical nature of the forwards will hold us up for 50 minutes of a test, but after that they'll tire & we'll run out of options. I think the North Harbour crowd played a rather large factor in the outcome of last weeks test. I don't think we'll see the same outcome(s) in England.

What I did notice is that nobody really supported Sonny Bill, so everytime he made a break he couldn't really offload.
If this tri-nations continues for the next few years, I reckon NZ might have a shot at winning it when players like Williams & Benji Marshall develop more.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
who cares, this tournament isnt even worth watching, a waste of time really....

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
It was always on the cards,c they were just messin with us, makin us think we had a chance then.....besides, Long and Gleeson had 50 big ones on the Aussies :p

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
Why can't we close out the Aussies?!
Great Britian and the South African cricket team seem to be experts in choking.

How old is Andy Farrell anyway? Seems like he has been playing forever, and ever, and ever, and ever...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
More like 29 I'd guess. Think he made his GB debut in 94 as 18 year old. Has always looked well old for his age.

Craig

World Traveller
Always seemed like he has been around for all enternity.

Craig Gower is in doubt for the Australia's next Test with a groin injury.

Mingster

State Regular
Robbie Paul has to start on the weekend. Simple. He is the only player in he Kiwis who has a decent kicking game. I'm suprised why anyone would want to sign Leuluai, he can't kick, and his passing game is inconsistent. Most of his kicks have gone down Minichello's throat so far this 3N, and I won't even get started on his attacking kicking game which is extremely poor.

Hopefully Lolesi will start in place of Meli, whose hands are really shocking.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mingster said:
Robbie Paul has to start on the weekend. Simple. He is the only player in he Kiwis who has a decent kicking game. I'm suprised why anyone would want to sign Leuluai, he can't kick, and his passing game is inconsistent. Most of his kicks have gone down Minichello's throat so far this 3N, and I won't even get started on his attacking kicking game which is extremely poor.

Hopefully Lolesi will start in place of Meli, whose hands are really shocking.
Whoever you play, the golden haired wonder known as Sean Long will rip you apart ;)

Craig

World Traveller
Willing to put your money where your mouth is steds?

How about an avatar bet - If Great Britian win, I will wear a English flag for a week, and if New Zealand win, you were a New Zealand flag as your avatar.

Any takers?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Willing to put your money where your mouth is steds?

How about an avatar bet - If Great Britian win, I will wear a English flag for a week, and if New Zealand win, you were a New Zealand flag as your avatar.

Any takers?
Yeah OK

steds said:
Whoever you play, the golden haired wonder known as Sean Long will rip you apart
If there's any luck he'll be watching from the sidelines.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Who you going to bring in....Danny 'Whats a Tackle' McGuire? With Deacon not in the squad you don't really have another option....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
thewizard1o1 said:
Who you going to bring in....Danny 'Whats a Tackle' McGuire? With Deacon not in the squad you don't really have another option....
Ouch! Firm, but fair. Danny didn't really turn up last Saturday. :D