• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2004 Melbourne Cup

nibbs

International Captain
Yeah. Its the Ashburton Flying Mile or something.

When the NZ Cup comes around Elsu will be the one to beat but.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Elsu is a machine when right. Nothing in New Zealand or Australia will get anywhere near him. although Just an excuse loves the 2 mile standing start.

nibbs

International Captain
Elsu got beaten by Sly Flyin in the City of Auckland Free For All on Rowe Cup night. Cost me $9, was mid field IIRC. If he doesn't get the run, he's easily beatable. He should also be off at least 10 metres, if not more, so he wont be able to go straight to the front either.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Thats the type of horse Sly Flyin is thou, if he doesn't get the right run its goodnight. Elsu was first up as well so i wouldn't lead alot into that run. We will know more on monday thou.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Nibbs get on Elsu for the NZ cup if you can, the machine is back!

Somethingaboutmaori went very well too and will be suited by the extra distances of the races to come.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
well i went to to the TAB today. and laid my bet. i'm going back again tomorrow cos I'm annoyed at how I bet..

I put 10 dollars each way on Mamool but now wish I had gone on Hugs Dancer. oh well. Whilst there I had a win on the Melbourne racers, a 10 to 1 outsider.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Whoever was the braniac who decided to have university exams around Melbourne Cup time should be sought out and shot at short range.

How can I put my full attention to the Melbourne Cup when I have two exams and an assignment due this week.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Whoever was the braniac who decided to have university exams around Melbourne Cup time should be sought out and shot at short range.

How can I put my full attention to the Melbourne Cup when I have two exams and an assignment due this week.
I have an exam tmrw morning :@ .

nibbs

International Captain
Mister Wright said:

i finished uni today

*drinks sprite*

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Is rain falling or going to fall in Melbourne tomorrow? I'm leaning more and more towards Grey Song.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
well I've gone up and changed it

10 bucks still on Mamool

5 one Winning Belle (Gai's gotta get up sometime)

and I put $10 on Hugs Dancer on behalf of my GF which is good cos I'll get *** if it gets up

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
well I've gone up and changed it

10 bucks still on Mamool

5 one Winning Belle (Gai's gotta get up sometime)

and I put $10 on Hugs Dancer on behalf of my GF which is good cos I'll get *** if it gets up
I hope for your sake it wins...

:p

I hate payday being on Wednesdays - it means I only have another $5 to put on the race - the plan is $2 on Grey Song to win (to go with my $5 place bet which is already on), and $1/2 on an as-yet unknown choice.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Best idea for someone with around $60 spare....

Take a flexi Box trifecta...

Box 6 horses to run 1st 2nd and 3rd in any order, if it gets up you win about 40-50% of the dividend.. I've done this the past 2 years and got it up, both times returning around $2000-4000.....

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Blewy said:
Best idea for someone with around $60 spare....

Take a flexi Box trifecta...

Box 6 horses to run 1st 2nd and 3rd in any order, if it gets up you win about 40-50% of the dividend.. I've done this the past 2 years and got it up, both times returning around $2000-4000.....
i have a go at these but one horse always comes out of left field and is a pain in the butt....:@