• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2004 Melbourne Cup

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was a great win, I didn't think she was much of a chance around the turn but she proved me wrong.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah i thought the same, but geez, with that weight i honestly dont think theres any horse in the Cox plate field that would get close to her....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to clear up, Alinghi would get into the Cox Plate with 46.5 Which would have the big guns, Starcraft, Elvestrom, Makybe Diva, giving at least 9kg....

Here is the Weights for the Cox Plate...

5- CARLTON DRAUGHT COX PLATE 2040 M
Of $3020000 Of $3000000 and $20000 trophies. First $2000000 and trophies of $15200 to owner $1800 to trainer $2200 to jockey $800 to strapper, second $500000, third $250000, fourth $150000, fifth $100000. Starter Subsidy: $200 for non-prize earning runners. For Three-Years-Old and Upwards. Standard Weight for Age. (GROUP 1). No allowances for apprentices.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Horse Trainer Ballot Wgt Pen Rating
1 DISTINCTLY SECRET (NZ) Mark Walker 58
2 FIELDS OF OMAGH Tony McEvoy 58
3 GRAND ARMEE Gai Waterhouse 58
4 HUGS DANCER (FR) Tony McEvoy 58
5 NATURAL BLITZ Doug Harrison 58
6 NORTHERLY Fred Kersley 58
7 PAOLINI (GER) Andreas Wohler 58
8 PENTASTIC Colin Alderson 58
9 SILKY RED BOXER (NZ) Heather Weller 58
10 DELZAO Greg Kavanagh 56.5
11 ELVSTROEM Tony Vasil 56.5
12 KING'S CHAPEL Mark Walker 56.5
13 STARCRAFT (NZ) Garry Newham 56.5
14 ELEGANT FASHION David Hayes 55.5
15 MAKYBE DIVA (GB) Lee Freedman 55.5
16 MISS POTENTIAL Bill Borrie 55.5
17 OUR EGYPTIAN RAINE (NZ) Grahame Begg 55.5
18 PRIVATE STEER John O'Shea 55.5
19 ZAGALIA (NZ) Clarry Conners 55.5
20 WINNING BELLE (NZ) Gai Waterhouse 54
21 FASTNET ROCK Paul Perry 48.5
22 PUBLIC OPINION Gillian Heinrich 48.5
23 SAVABEEL Graeme Rogerson 48.5
24 TIRADE Mathew Ellerton 48.5

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
there not putting fastnet rock around are they? he has clearly had enough this time up and needs a spell bad. Northerly has retired so we can scratch him out. i still think Elvestrom and Starcraft will fight it out.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Does anyone know how far Dilly Dally was beaten? It was the middle leg of my all up with Elvis and Our Egytpion raine.

_Ed_

Great win in the Caulfield by Elvstroem...

Balmuse went a shocker. He is so much better than that. My only excuse could be that it was his first attempt at 2400 and he didn't stay and is bettar over 1600...

Simon

whos backing who for the cox plate tomorrow, my trifecta is
1 Starcraft
2 Savabeel
3 Elvstroem

could spring a surprise - Delzao

Simon

thewizard1o1 said:
1. Starcraft (Go big red!)
2. Elegant Fashion (My Outsider!)
3. Elvstroem (To good to leave out...)
whats Elegant Fashion at now? earlier today it was at $8.50 for the win, way too short imo....

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Makybe Diva will dominate the cup. her run last weekend for 2nd place was superb when she was 2nd last 3 wide around the bend and was coming home big time she just run out of furlongs but she will be hard to beat i think.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
im sticking with elvstroem today... I think others to look out for are Regal Roller and Our Egyptian raine... I dont think starcraft can go through today without making a mistake and if he does its over....

nibbs

International Captain
i went to the races last night at alexandra park, emerging with a profit of $11.60 for my bets, although I brought a race book and an American Hotdog totalling $6, so I came away +$5.6. I think i might just head down to the TAB and put that profit on this race...!!! *splooge*

nibbs

International Captain
yeh, so I decided to take an outsider, so I took Regal Roller $2 each way. coomon baby...*splooge*

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Just checked the race schedule and everything will be going around at Ashburton on monday i would say....

West Aussie horse was a nice win in the vase race he might give savabeel a good run in the Derby next week.