• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Match

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone watching it?

For you non-english, its a bunch of C list Celebs (people like Darren Campbell, Harvey from So Solid Crew, Lee from steps)who think they are good at football, coached by Graham Taylor, playing against a 'Legends' side (with people like Beardsley, Ian Wright, Gary Pallister, Bryan Robson, Chris Waddle, Gascoigne Grobellar Etc.) at St James Park

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Seems like the biggest non-event rubbish BSkyB have ever churned out.. I hope it flops like mad
Its actually quite entertaining, i didnt watch the stuff that was on all week but the actual match is quite good, they even have Andy Gray commentating - the Legends are 1-0 through Pallister, but Darren Campbell hit the bar. Theres about 50,000 in St James Park

Langeveldt

Soutie
superkingdave said:
Its actually quite entertaining, i didnt watch the stuff that was on all week but the actual match is quite good, they even have Andy Gray commentating - the Legends are 1-0 through Pallister, but Darren Campbell hit the bar. Theres about 50,000 in St James Park
Sheesh, 50 000?. The football is quite good then..

TBH anything that needed a week or so of crappycringeworthy pre match ********e wasn't worth watching, they could have just shown 90 minutes of good football?! Oh sorry its reality TV overkill!

chris.hinton

International Captain
Me too.... it was a good game the Celebs where well drilled by Graham Taylor. the best Celebs where Ralf Little (Royle Family) Jonathon Wilkes ( Robbie williams best mate) Alec Stewart and Darren Campbell

Shame that Bosnich went of for the celebs

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I only watched the match bit not all the build up

i wouldn't have fancied bonetti in the penalties if mccoist hadnt scored