• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd grade sth sydney district cc

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
my outdoor season

played in 2nd grade again 2day and was my first ghit out since we lost the semi final last year.

well on a magnificent deck at allan davidson oval (best ground in shires) our skipper won the toss and it was a great toss to win as we love batting first on this solid batting deck, a littl green but nice and hard and no cracks , just a great deck. we where in trouble early at 1 - 11 and then could have been 2- 11 but a catch was dropped at 2nd slip which would be costly as the bat, stammy would go on to hit 105 and put us in a really strong position, stammy and kelloway put on 120 odd to get us back up and when kelloway fell we where 2 - 150. then we put some good partnerships together with depak (x mumbai player who knows and plays with satchin) and mooey cox put togetehr solid 40's, the middle order and lower order did the job and sth sydney 2nds declared @ 8 - 303. bugssy batting at 7 with 5 overs scored a quick 11 before being caught on the boundary trying to get the big ones.

pennant hills had the terrible task of batting 5 overs and bugs and begsy had the 2 openers in all sorts playing and missing nd finind the edge but through gabs or falling shot, pennant hills 0 - 6 over night and chasing a big total.

will post day 2 next week.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yer sorry its 2nd grade shires

i did play grade for randwick but know play shires 2nd grade, which is equivelant to 3rd grade grade......... still a very good standard!

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
hmmm yeah i spose it could be considered 3rd grade grade.... :wacko:

The true attitude of any shires player

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Slats4ever said:
hmmm yeah i spose it could be considered 3rd grade grade.... :wacko:

The true attitude of any shires player

mate we have trials aganst 2nd grade grade teams and we beat them so our club was apporoched to play grade when they down graded the sides and we where going to merge with petersham but our ceo didnt want that to happen so, mate 1st and 2nd grade shires is a quality standard, travis friend who is zimbabwee international plays our first grade side it cant be that bad mate!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
in an unbeilevable game of cricket
well we turned up after hioting 8 - 303 pretty confident when we looked at the deck whih was just anmother true batting wicket
ph(pennant hills) got of to an ok start., i opened up and was getting very frustrated with betting the edge on numerour occasions and the only 3 scoring shots they had of me was through 4th and 5th slip for runs. we broke through and had em 1 40 of 26 overs, 87 overs in the day and they where not trying to score runs.

i picked up 2 quick wickets and we got another from the other end and they where 4 72 of 36 overs. they tehn had a steady partnership which took em to 178 before we struck then they had another solid partnership to take em to 250. there captain battered superbly to hit 107 not out and i think his last 50 when they needed it was hit in about 35 balls, maybe even quicker. then we struck 2 quick wickets and they where 8 for 270, with 8 overs to go, the target was 304 for victory we needed to wickets, but the captain worked in nicely and hit the winning runs in the final over to beat souths by 2 wickets, in what the umpires said was a remarkable game. we did drop 6 half chances but as they say, catches win matches, i had the captain dropped at cover for a duck , and he went on to score and win the game.

a very dull sth sydney dressing room as we pondered on 6 points that should have been ours. we have gone from last years team to beat to sitting on 0 points after 2 rounds. 1 loss adn 1 no result due to rain.

next week we have a one day game with epping at epping so it will be a must win game.
i finished with figures of 2 56 of 18, with 3 dropped chances, oh well thats cricket.
stay tuned

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
age_master said:
yeah i dropped a catch yesterday, very annoying they are :(
i had 3 catches dropped off my bowing yesterday :@
very very very annoying....

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
i had 3 catches dropped off my bowing yesterday :@
very very very annoying....
Since when do you bowl?

I had a catch dropped off mine eysterday as well :@

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i am the leading wicket tacker in my club so i have always been bowling

over 300 wickets @16.16

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i thought our loss was bad i spoke to a mate who plays 2nd grade for easts in the sydney grade comp and they got beat after hitting 395

its cause the wicets are all batters paradises after having no rain!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
Since when do you bowl?

I had a catch dropped off mine eysterday as well :@
well our team is very short of bowlers at the moment, so im bowling first change lol, took 1/29 off 8 yesterday, 4/16 off 5 last week, for the record im also batting at 3, scored 68 yesterday, however we wont go into last weeks debarcle...