• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd grade sth sydney district cc

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
bugssy said:
um note we are washed out, no deck to prepare at epping oval, under water so nsw cricket association called it off, which i think may happen to most of sydney grade and shires.
tough luck bugs, we have had a few drops out here in the sticks, ive got a promotion to 2nd grade this week, so back on turf, so if it rains im unlikely to get a game.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Same club as Brett Lee and IIRC Shoaib Ahktar played for them (still does?) a few years ago?
Shoaib only played a game or two for em, wasnt many if i remember correctly...

Waughney

International Debutant
Maybe, don't know. Imagine that though, you're first grade game and you're up against Lee and Akhtar!

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
they played 1 game together i think and if my mind serves me correct after shoabs first spell he went off.....soft very soft.....

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
bugssy said:
oh ok yer i havent seen timmy in ages

he can bat !
He was playing for a team called Chudleigh in the Devon League the same year as me. Scored 160 I think in the game before ours, but we got him for a duck! haha Thank God, another 160 could have caused some trouble.........

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
well round 3 v epping in a one day game was washed out

round 4 v southern districts was a2 day game which i was sitting out due to work cmmitments which will see me miss games up until december.

the boys batted first and hit 264 all out and at one stage where 7 - 120
the tail wagged and bridgey git 86. the opposition is 0 - 12

in round 2 we lost to pennant hills defending 308, this is how good our home ground is to bat on, pennant hills played auburn on the weekend and the same team got rolled for 26, and auburn have oassed me 2 down to be 2 - 26. just shows one day you can chase the big scores but then the next day you can struggle.... that is just cricket i guess.........

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
played a come back game in 2nd division in a one dayer against lindfield. with lindfield placed 4 points above us on the table it was a must win game to get into 2nd spot. souths won the toss on a nice batting deck and made full use of the conditions. after 15 overs souths where in blistering form @ 2 - 120...
at the 35 over mark we had reached 6 - 200 when myself and beafy hit the crease.......we needed to hang around for a while as loosing any more wickets would introduce the tail.... beafy and myself hit them well and put on 150 run partnership in 14 overs. beafy was finally out for 64 and i was dissmissed last ball of the inning for 89. a good total for souths reaching 7 - 361......

lindfield come out very negative and were not really chasing and after 10 overs where 1 - 30.......

it was my day and we rolled lindfieldfor 200 of 43 overs and i my bowling figures where 8.1 overs 3 maidens 4 - 20......... souths moved up into 2nd and it was a good game for the boys after the xmas break............

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
What do you think of him as a cricketer and as a person? Does he still play for South Sydney or has he gone back to the floods and monsoons?

membersstand

State Vice-Captain
Hey guys I played juniors for South Sydney/Mt Carmel, any young'uns come through those ranks and into the shires teams yet ?

chris.hinton

International Captain
I like Aussie grade cricket and the way it is formatted though out Australia

The cream raises to the top

I wish you good luck for the rest of the year

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
membersstand said:
Chris, the comp we're talking about here is Shires, which runs separately to Grade and is a bit lower standard

mate i doubt it is lower standard it is just not as full on, if you cant play a game you dont play in grade you miss a game and you get dropped.......i have played grade and shires and there is not much difference

we play 2nd grade grade teams and we beat them so,,,,,

anyway yesterday we played georges river who won the toss and sent us in, some magnificent batting by coxy 105*, deeps 89, sharper 47 , bugs 32 souths hit 7 dec 352 of 60 overs, leaving 20 more overs for the opposition to bat. some close calls and a few lbw decisions turned down seen georges river limp to be 0 - 21 of 20 overs. my figures where 5 overs 4 maidens 0 - 1......
so next week the opposition have 85 overs to get 330 odd.should b interesting. we sit 2nd on the table and georges river sit 2nd last.......... stay tuned