• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

multiple teams

Bas

Cricket Spectator
How do you submit multiple teams for fantasy cricket? I can't seem to do it but one Arbind Behura appears to have 20 teams called "bakra" followed by a number... Is this foul play?

desireuben

Cricket Spectator
a protest

you are right it is a foul play. thats what killing the spirit of true fantacy cricket.

Rich2001

International Captain
No it's not foul play for 2 main reasons

1 - From a easy of maintaing the game it would be completly impossible for us to prevent people signing up more teams with new e-mails/id's etc so we took the choice to allow more than one entry per user, but in doing so only one team can be submitted per e-mail address so anyone who fancies 20 teams needs to take the time to register 20 e-mail address somewhere first and also I've played the game and trying to keep track of all the teams and transfers will soon prove to much.

2 - Just because a person has 50 teams it doesn't give him anymore of a advantage than anyone else, because what's the point in picking the same team, and who knows all the players he has picked might not even play well.... it is 100% impossible to know the right team, proven by the fact nobody has managed to to win more than one comp' yet.

3 - And finally 3 which I have just thought of is that it's hardly cheating when we offer everyone the oppotunity to submit 50 teams as well, it's not like we have limited the entry and he is submiting more than the limit.

As for the original question to submit another team you will need to sign up a new account with a new ID and Password etc

Last edited:

Slow Love™

International Captain
I have to admit, the multiple team thing kinda annoys me too. I realise that it's near impossible to prevent though. One suggestion that I would make: the restriction on email addresses is a good one, but one additional measure on top of that could be to restrict things to one team per username.

Yes, people will sign up a bunch of fake usernames if they're very committed, but:

a) it makes it less meaningful for the victor if they're only credited by a name that's not theirs anyway, and

b) it helps to pacify those of us who get annoyed at seeing twenty teams submitted by "Arbind Behura" etc. Yes, there will probably still be multiple teams submitted, but what we don't know can't pi$$ us off, so to speak...

Rich2001

International Captain
Slow Love™ said:
I have to admit, the multiple team thing kinda annoys me too. I realise that it's near impossible to prevent though. One suggestion that I would make: the restriction on email addresses is a good one, but one additional measure on top of that could be to restrict things to one team per username.
That is the case currently.

You can only enter one team per competition per username/e-mail, so the guy who submitted 20 had to create 20 different e-mail addresses and also 20 different accounts, the only reason it looks like the same account is because he has called all his teams the same just changing the number at the end but they are all under 20 different logins.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Rich2001 said:
That is the case currently.

You can only enter one team per competition per username/e-mail, so the guy who submitted 20 had to create 20 different e-mail addresses and also 20 different accounts, the only reason it looks like the same account is because he has called all his teams the same just changing the number at the end but they are all under 20 different logins.
Ah, OK, fair enough. I think I got confused when you said "we took the choice to allow more than one entry per user", and I thought that meant you could use multiple accounts per username. But yeah, I agree, there's not a whole lot more you can do about it outside of eliminating what looks like "obvious" multiple teams (which I acknowledge, is a can of worms probably best left unopened).

I think entering so many teams is a bit unsporting on the part of those that do it, though.