• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Teams updated?

Slow Love™

International Captain
I got an email about the upcoming tourney - but when I looked at the lists of players, it seemed that there were a few updates needed - players like Bichel, Waqar, Bond, Lee etc... As well as some newer guys missing, and players like McGrath (coming back from serious injury) being ranked probably higher than they should be.

Given that the comp is to start on the 25th, shall we just make the best of the choices, or is there going to be a team update? I've signed up etc, and am ready to make a team...

Also, will there be a new thread for the new teams, or should we just append our teams to the already existing thread?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions. I haven't done a fantasy cricket tournament before, looks like fun. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The players have all been rated by a combination of staff members, so those figures are our agreed feelings on each of them - as for the missing players, only Bond out of those you listed is missing IMO - certainly Waqar (retired) and Bichel (no contract) are unlikely to play.

As for sharing your team, it's not something I'd recommend because you'lll be hoping to have the number 1 side, so don't want to give other people a hint! ;)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Slow Love™ said:
I got an email about the upcoming tourney - but when I looked at the lists of players, it seemed that there were a few updates needed - players like Bichel, Waqar, Bond, Lee etc... As well as some newer guys missing, and players like McGrath (coming back from serious injury) being ranked probably higher than they should be.
I'm not aware of any players missing? Can you fill me in?

I've hidden Waqar Younis from view.

Slow Love™ said:
Given that the comp is to start on the 25th, shall we just make the best of the choices, or is there going to be a team update? I've signed up etc, and am ready to make a team...
There may be team updates but for the moment make the best of it :)

Slow Love™ said:
Also, will there be a new thread for the new teams, or should we just append our teams to the already existing thread?
Feel free to make a new thread yourself if you like :)

Slow Love™ said:
Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions. I haven't done a fantasy cricket tournament before, looks like fun. :)
No problem at all - enjoy :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
marc71178 said:
only Bond out of those you listed is missing IMO
Shane Bond is more then likely going to play in the NatWest series providing he stays injury free. Fingers crossed!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
James has a closet at home where he hides these players - is there anyone else in there James? I always wondered what happened to Simon Doull?!

James

Cricket Web Owner
marc71178 said:
James has a closet at home where he hides these players - is there anyone else in there James? I always wondered what happened to Simon Doull?!
Hehe - that's it Marc :p

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
Played league cricket in Holland, and then came bck to NZ.

Slow Love™

International Captain
marc71178 said:
The players have all been rated by a combination of staff members, so those figures are our agreed feelings on each of them - as for the missing players, only Bond out of those you listed is missing IMO - certainly Waqar (retired) and Bichel (no contract) are unlikely to play.
Nah, those were two different comments - I didn't mean Bichel and Waqar were missing, rather they're listed and shouldn't be (It seems unlikely that Lee will be playing for a while, but I guess he could make an appearance within three months) - looks like this has been cleared up anyway though.

Thanks for the info, all. Not sure whether to make my team public now, though, 'cause Marc's got me spooked about it. :) But, out of curiosity, is there a place where you can look at other people's teams besides a forum thread?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Slow Love™ said:
But, out of curiosity, is there a place where you can look at other people's teams besides a forum thread?
Nope, no way for anyone to know what other people's teams are.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slow Love™ said:
Nah, those were two different comments - I didn't mean Bichel and Waqar were missing, rather they're listed and shouldn't be (It seems unlikely that Lee will be playing for a while, but I guess he could make an appearance within three months) - looks like this has been cleared up anyway though.

Sorry, my mistake.

NikhilN

International Regular
Slow Love™ said:

Tendulkar...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Just another query:

I just got an email about a new points update, and the standings - is it the case that the competition ladder hasn't reset, or are there people that scored 130+ in just that one Aus vs Zimbabwe game?

If so, I fear that my strategy was awfully stoopid, 'cause I only picked 3 Aussie players, presuming I'd have to swap them all out one by one before the Natwest comp began... :unsure:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Slow Love™ said:
Just another query:

I just got an email about a new points update, and the standings - is it the case that the competition ladder hasn't reset, or are there people that scored 130+ in just that one Aus vs Zimbabwe game?

If so, I fear that my strategy was awfully stoopid, 'cause I only picked 3 Aussie players, presuming I'd have to swap them all out one by one before the Natwest comp began... :unsure:
There were 213 points across all players scored in that game.

Remember, if you pick a whole bunch of Aussies you're going to run into problems when all the NatWest ODIs start. That's what's going to happen to those people in the hundreds now me thinks ;)

Slow Love™

International Captain
James said:
There were 213 points across all players scored in that game.

Remember, if you pick a whole bunch of Aussies you're going to run into problems when all the NatWest ODIs start. That's what's going to happen to those people in the hundreds now me thinks ;)
Ah, great, that's what I'd assumed when I picked my side - thank god. For a while there, I was worried I'd misinterpreted the transfer rule... Thanks!

Loony BoB

International Captain
NatWest series players

With all the injuries/departures in the NZ camp, will there be new players added? I don't think I saw Hopkins (although I can't check to be sure as there's no list of players and I've recently modified my team).