• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar

NikhilN

International Regular
He has been opening for India for a long time now but he still isnt an opener...can someone explain to me?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
When we set the database up, we had a consensus that he'd be a middle order player.

At the end of the day, there's always likely to be people thinking players are misclassified - ie some will ask why Dravid isn't a keeper, and some why someone like Sehwag isn't an all-rounder as he's bowling a lot.

But it's the same for every player as it stands.

Rich2001

International Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Openers are generally considered to see of the new ball and set up a foundation for middle order
What we are saying is that when we created the player lists and started to put the database togeter Tendulkar had played quite alot in the middle order 3/4 etc, however in recent times he has moved back upto the openers slot and at the end of this comp we will move him. :)

rishi

Cricket Spectator
tendulkar is the best

Sachin tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world . why isn't he coming in 2nd. It's a huge blow for india. dravid should be the captain not ganguly.

san-deep

Cricket Spectator
Sachins performance is not real good these days. in my opnion.

We cant relay on him. if he will LEAD us to VICTORY these days.

What you people say ?

But, he surely DESERVES to be ONE OF THE best batsman. :)

Sandy..

Tano

Cricket Spectator
True

Proud Indian said:
He has been opening for India for a long time now but he still isnt an opener...can someone explain to me?
i think he is now not on his peak performance and he finds it hard to play the new ball so i think he is better coming 1 down or 2 down.