• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A newbie's question: who gets which points?

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
I've just started playing fantasy cricket (and only starting following cricket at all a few months ago in my 67th year, once I could see matches on the internet, here in the U.S.). I'm sure my question is already answered somewhere, but I can't find it in the points summary tab nor in the FAQ nor in any thread in this forum (or at least the first page of it), so maybe someone would be so kind as to direct me. Here's the question:

Which players on one's team (batsmen, keep, bowlers) can score which kind of points: batting, bowling, fielding? E.g., can all players get fielding points, or just the keeper? or just the keeper and bowlers? Can bowlers get batting points? Can batsmen get bowling points?

thanks in advance.

ibiza

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Ike

You can send me your questions and I will answer them for you ...I was born in Trinidad West Indies and have been a fan of West Indies cricket for a few decades.

Ike

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ike

You can send me your questions and I will answer them for you ...I was born in Trinidad West Indies and have been a fan of West Indies cricket for a few decades.
Thank you! I'm a big fan of West Indies cricket, so that's a bonus. One question that comes to mind immediately might interest other forum members as well, so I'll ask it here. I followed (and was able to watch most of) the Super50 tournament that just ended. I was particularly interested in the CCC team, since they made the finals last time, but only got a very late invite this year, after the U.S. declined. I understand that the CCC is composed of players from the various colleges and universities in the West Indies, but then I was confused when I found players as old as 41 (!) on the team, like Floyd Reifer. So, my question is, what is the qualification requirement to play for CCC? Are faculty and staff allowed to play? Are the 'perpetual students' who never leave a campus? Or is the explanation totally different?

I did a good bit of web-searching trying to learn about the make up of or rules for inclusion in the CCC team, but could find nothing. If you can enlighten me, that would be much appreciated.