• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2013 Indian Premier League Fantasy Cricket (IPL)

jungezy

Cricket Spectator
IPL league

Hi James - first time to this forum and am just walking down the different aisles :)
quick question - is there a IPL fantasy group created for people who want to complete with each other? I am interested to join if there is one

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi James - first time to this forum and am just walking down the different aisles :)
quick question - is there a IPL fantasy group created for people who want to complete with each other? I am interested to join if there is one
Hi - welcome to the forum :)

Yes, you can join here Cricket Web's Fantasy Cricket and when you're all signed up, you could join the Cricket Web Forum Fans competition which is mentioned in the first post of this thread - http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/59436-official-indian-premier-league-2013-a.html

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey, just wanted to know: How is a golden duck worse than a duck which takes up more balls in T20s (points summary gives golden duck -20 compared to -10 for an ordinary duck)?

James

Cricket Web Owner
That's an interesting point Harsh. Typically we consider a Golden Duck to be worse than a Duck in all forms of cricket don't we.

However, what could occur is someone could make 0 from 8 balls for example but be with a batsmen that is scoring freely and the partnership is 40 from 18 balls which is superb. Therefore even though its still a duck, its better than a golden duck.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's an interesting point Harsh. Typically we consider a Golden Duck to be worse than a Duck in all forms of cricket don't we.

However, what could occur is someone could make 0 from 8 balls for example but be with a batsmen that is scoring freely and the partnership is 40 from 18 balls which is superb. Therefore even though its still a duck, its better than a golden duck.
If 1 run scored off 8 balls is worse than 1 run scored off 2 balls (since the league penalizes lower SR with a higher negative ), then why should the duck be any different?

Full Disclosure: I had Unmukt Chand in my team, but I did start making the argument yesterday :laugh:

James

Cricket Web Owner
If 1 run scored off 8 balls is worse than 1 run scored off 2 balls (since the league penalizes lower SR with a higher negative ), then why should the duck be any different?

Full Disclosure: I had Unmukt Chand in my team, but I did start making the argument yesterday :laugh:
That's fair enough, you certainly make a solid argument :) Something we'll definately look at after the IPL concludes.

Haha damn :laugh:

psx12ns

Cricket Spectator
I'm just looking down the site 'Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket'..a good site for cricket lovers to watch the 2013 Indian Premier League