Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Imran520

Thread: 2013 Indian Premier League Fantasy Cricket (IPL)

2013 Indian Premier League Fantasy Cricket (IPL)

A Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket competition has been created for the 2013 Indian Premier League Fantasy Cricket (IPL)

Cricket Spectator

IPL league

Hi James - first time to this forum and am just walking down the different aisles
    quick question - is there a IPL fantasy group created for people who want to complete with each other? I am interested to join if there is one

Quote Originally Posted by jungezy View Post
    Hi James - first time to this forum and am just walking down the different aisles
    quick question - is there a IPL fantasy group created for people who want to complete with each other? I am interested to join if there is one
    Hi - welcome to the forum

Yes, you can join here Cricket Web's Fantasy Cricket and when you're all signed up, you could join the Cricket Web Forum Fans competition which is mentioned in the first post of this thread - **Official** Indian Premier League 2013

Hey, just wanted to know: How is a golden duck worse than a duck which takes up more balls in T20s (points summary gives golden duck -20 compared to -10 for an ordinary duck)?
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

That's an interesting point Harsh. Typically we consider a Golden Duck to be worse than a Duck in all forms of cricket don't we.

However, what could occur is someone could make 0 from 8 balls for example but be with a batsmen that is scoring freely and the partnership is 40 from 18 balls which is superb. Therefore even though its still a duck, its better than a golden duck.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    That's an interesting point Harsh. Typically we consider a Golden Duck to be worse than a Duck in all forms of cricket don't we.

However, what could occur is someone could make 0 from 8 balls for example but be with a batsmen that is scoring freely and the partnership is 40 from 18 balls which is superb. Therefore even though its still a duck, its better than a golden duck.
    If 1 run scored off 8 balls is worse than 1 run scored off 2 balls (since the league penalizes lower SR with a higher negative ), then why should the duck be any different?

Full Disclosure: I had Unmukt Chand in my team, but I did start making the argument yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.skm View Post
    If 1 run scored off 8 balls is worse than 1 run scored off 2 balls (since the league penalizes lower SR with a higher negative ), then why should the duck be any different?

Full Disclosure: I had Unmukt Chand in my team, but I did start making the argument yesterday
    That's fair enough, you certainly make a solid argument Something we'll definately look at after the IPL concludes.

Haha damn

Cricket Spectator
    I'm just looking down the site 'Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket'..a good site for cricket lovers to watch the 2013 Indian Premier League

Cricket Spectator
    The 2013 season of the Indian Premier League, abbreviated as IPL 6 or IPL 2013, was the sixth season of the Indian Premier League, established by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) in 2007.It was very interesting series.
    Daemon likes this.

Thread Information