Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: regarding t20 points summary

Cricket Spectator

regarding t20 points summary

Hello James
    I just want to tell you that please make the t20 points summary little bit interesting by adding points for maiden overs, for sixes and please the points should be little bit higher for batting strike rates, bonuses etc
    To be honest we(or group of friends) don't feel much interested in playing in cricket Web fantasy after playing Cricinfo fantasy which is far far more interesting than cricket Web.
    So please I request you to look after this and change the points summary for t20 from upcoming champions league....
    I'll be thankful to you
    If more members of this forum also age with me then reply in favour of me to make the game more interesting....
    Thank you

Cricket Spectator
    It is agree not age !

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Personally the reason I don't play is trades.I don't have time to manage a team and drop players just in time and pick other players just before they play their next game.

If James offered a no trade competition I would enter it. Regardless of the point structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Cricket Spectator

this is far more interesting...

Batting
    Run scored:
    1 pt
    Six runs (off one ball) bonus:
    6 pts
    Dismissed (except bowlers):
    -5 pts
    Dismissed for a duck (inclusive of
    above, except bowlers):
    -10 pts
    Milestone bonus:
    25 runs:
    15 pts
    50 runs:
    30 pts
    75 runs:
    50 pts
    100 runs:
    75 pts
    125 runs:
    105 pts
    150 runs:
    140 pts
    Run rate bonus (for players scoring 20
    runs or more):
    Between 0.00 and 89.99 runs per 100
    balls:
    -15 pts
    Between 90.00 and 119.99 runs per
    100 balls:
    0 pts
    Between 120.00 and 149.99 runs per
    100 balls:
    15 pts
    Between 150.00 and 179.99 runs per
    100 balls:
    30 pts
    Between 180.00 and 209.99 runs per
    100 balls:
    50 pts
    210.00 runs per 100 balls and over:
    75 pts
    Bowling
    Wicket (except dismissal of bowler**):
    30 pts
    Wicket (dismissal of bowler**):
    15 pts
    Maiden over:
    10 pts

Milestone bonus:
    Two wickets:
    15 pts
    Three wickets:
    30 pts
    Four wickets:
    50 pts
    Five wickets:
    75 pts
    Six wickets:
    105 pts
    Seven wickets:
    140 pts
    Economy rate bonus (for players
    bowling two overs or more):
    Between 0.00 and 3.00 runs per over:
    75 pts
    Between 3.01 and 4.50 runs per over:
    50 pts
    Between 4.51 and 6.00 runs per over:
    30 pts
    Between 6.01 and 7.50 runs per over:
    15 pts
    Between 7.51 and 9.00 runs per over:
    0 pts
    9.01 runs per over and over:
    -15 pts
    Fielding
    Catch:
    10 pts
    Stumping:
    20 pts
    Run out (direct):
    20 pts
    Run out (indirect/per player):
    10 pts

Thanks for your comments there Shaaf.

99% of those categories, we do points for. What areas in particular are you referring to?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Personally the reason I don't play is trades.I don't have time to manage a team and drop players just in time and pick other players just before they play their next game.

If James offered a no trade competition I would enter it. Regardless of the point structure.
    This. But then again there are many others who enjoy the trades as they aren't as lazy, so I don't expect this to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post

I wouldn't go as far as no trades, but I've definitely always felt there were way too many trades available and too many trade windows.

When you can change your team every single day, it basically just becomes a matter of trading out a stack of players who aren't playing on a particular day for a stack of players who are, then trading them back in when their team plays again. This takes away from actually identifying good players as the winner is inevitably the guy who can manage his team in such a way as to have the most games played by his changing team throughout the tournament.

This was actually particularly hard to avoid in the recent World T20 because the ICC didn't schedule proper rounds early in the competition; some teams played twice before other teams played at all, meaning there was no obvious point to put in a trade window unless you waited all the way until the Super 8s to do it.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    When you can change your team every single day, it basically just becomes a matter of trading out a stack of players who aren't playing on a particular day for a stack of players who are, then trading them back in when their team plays again.
    in the last world cup. I named close to the perfect team before the fantasy comp started. And I came close to last because everyone else was just trading like crazy. And most of the trades aren't because you figure a guy is going to get hot. It is because team A is playing tomorrow so I drop my team B players for them (what you said basically). Who has time to do this and where is the skill anyway. And what are we accomplishing - the winner is he who can read the schedule the best.

Like I said I think there should be two comps. One for those who want to play with trades and those who want to do it by actually predicting who will be the best players in the tournament.
    Anyway this is not a major issue for me - I am not feeling hard done by - or feel I am missing out.

Edit - Further to my post. My preference is no trades. But I could live with 3-4 trades. As then I could replace an injured player - or if Adam Milne was picked for a game I could trade to him just for that game.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 10-10-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I appreciate it and is definitely something we could look at doing for future competitions.

Taking the T20 World Cup as an example, how would you have seen that working?

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    If a separate competition is created as mentioned by Hurricane I'd definitely join more often than not.

Some things that would be nice (not sure if they're already in place):

1) A trade could be awarded if a player gets injured midway. (Traded player must be of the same tier)
    2) Trades could only be allowed at each benchmark during a tournament. For example x trades after the end of the group stages, x trades at the end of the super eights, x at the end of the semis etc.
    3) No more trump player/Captain

Fair enough, thanks Daemon.

Anymore comments from you guys Hurricane/Prince EWS?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    If a separate competition is created as mentioned by Hurricane I'd definitely join more often than not.

Some things that would be nice (not sure if they're already in place):

1) A trade could be awarded if a player gets injured midway. (Traded player must be of the same tier)
    2) Trades could only be allowed at each benchmark during a tournament. For example x trades after the end of the group stages, x trades at the end of the super eights, x at the end of the semis etc.
    3) No more trump player/Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Fair enough, thanks Daemon.

Anymore comments from you guys Hurricane/Prince EWS?
    Yep I would be agreeable to either what Daemon has proposed or just a small number of trades. Thanks for your consideration James.

Thanks Hurricane - appreciate the ideas

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thanks Hurricane - appreciate the ideas
    James, oh please, don't think of changing the format.. I totally disagree on the suggestions above. What's the fun in having static teams? It's important to follow the schedule and change players accordingly so it's dynamic. It's addictive and it is everyday fun. If I have just one team and if the guy is not doing well, why would I want to stick with that guy? Also having changes help catching up with others as one can come up with different strategies. Please don't make teams static and if you do so, I strongly believe that will be end of cricweb fantasy.

Some suggestions though, there are too many transfers available for a small tournament. Also captain changes should be free. That will let people to come up with different picks towards the end to catch up with others. I don't understand the reason on why having these impositions so teams stay static. Just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by thesearethe11 View Post
    James, oh please, don't think of changing the format.. I totally disagree on the suggestions above. What's the fun in having static teams? It's important to follow the schedule and change players accordingly so it's dynamic. It's addictive and it is everyday fun. If I have just one team and if the guy is not doing well, why would I want to stick with that guy? Also having changes help catching up with others as one can come up with different strategies. Please don't make teams static and if you do so, I strongly believe that will be end of cricweb fantasy.

Some suggestions though, there are too many transfers available for a small tournament. Also captain changes should be free. That will let people to come up with different picks towards the end to catch up with others. I don't understand the reason on why having these impositions so teams stay static. Just my 2c.
    Thanks for throwing that in. I think if we're to go with the suggestion, we'd offer two competitions, one with modifications and one without and people can join whichever one they'd prefer to be apart of.

And yes, no cost captaincy changes would make things interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information