• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

regarding t20 points summary

Shaaf88

Cricket Spectator
Hello James
I just want to tell you that please make the t20 points summary little bit interesting by adding points for maiden overs, for sixes and please the points should be little bit higher for batting strike rates, bonuses etc
To be honest we(or group of friends) don't feel much interested in playing in cricket Web fantasy after playing Cricinfo fantasy which is far far more interesting than cricket Web.
So please I request you to look after this and change the points summary for t20 from upcoming champions league....
I'll be thankful to you
If more members of this forum also age with me then reply in favour of me to make the game more interesting....
Thank you

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Personally the reason I don't play is trades.I don't have time to manage a team and drop players just in time and pick other players just before they play their next game.

If James offered a no trade competition I would enter it. Regardless of the point structure.

Shaaf88

Cricket Spectator
this is far more interesting...

Batting
Run scored:
1 pt
Six runs (off one ball) bonus:
6 pts
Dismissed (except bowlers):
-5 pts
Dismissed for a duck (inclusive of
above, except bowlers):
-10 pts
Milestone bonus:
25 runs:
15 pts
50 runs:
30 pts
75 runs:
50 pts
100 runs:
75 pts
125 runs:
105 pts
150 runs:
140 pts
Run rate bonus (for players scoring 20
runs or more):
Between 0.00 and 89.99 runs per 100
balls:
-15 pts
Between 90.00 and 119.99 runs per
100 balls:
0 pts
Between 120.00 and 149.99 runs per
100 balls:
15 pts
Between 150.00 and 179.99 runs per
100 balls:
30 pts
Between 180.00 and 209.99 runs per
100 balls:
50 pts
210.00 runs per 100 balls and over:
75 pts
Bowling
Wicket (except dismissal of bowler**):
30 pts
Wicket (dismissal of bowler**):
15 pts
Maiden over:
10 pts

Milestone bonus:
Two wickets:
15 pts
Three wickets:
30 pts
Four wickets:
50 pts
Five wickets:
75 pts
Six wickets:
105 pts
Seven wickets:
140 pts
Economy rate bonus (for players
bowling two overs or more):
Between 0.00 and 3.00 runs per over:
75 pts
Between 3.01 and 4.50 runs per over:
50 pts
Between 4.51 and 6.00 runs per over:
30 pts
Between 6.01 and 7.50 runs per over:
15 pts
Between 7.51 and 9.00 runs per over:
0 pts
9.01 runs per over and over:
-15 pts
Fielding
Catch:
10 pts
Stumping:
20 pts
Run out (direct):
20 pts
Run out (indirect/per player):
10 pts

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for your comments there Shaaf.

99% of those categories, we do points for. What areas in particular are you referring to?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Personally the reason I don't play is trades.I don't have time to manage a team and drop players just in time and pick other players just before they play their next game.

If James offered a no trade competition I would enter it. Regardless of the point structure.
This. But then again there are many others who enjoy the trades as they aren't as lazy, so I don't expect this to change. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

I wouldn't go as far as no trades, but I've definitely always felt there were way too many trades available and too many trade windows.

When you can change your team every single day, it basically just becomes a matter of trading out a stack of players who aren't playing on a particular day for a stack of players who are, then trading them back in when their team plays again. This takes away from actually identifying good players as the winner is inevitably the guy who can manage his team in such a way as to have the most games played by his changing team throughout the tournament.

This was actually particularly hard to avoid in the recent World T20 because the ICC didn't schedule proper rounds early in the competition; some teams played twice before other teams played at all, meaning there was no obvious point to put in a trade window unless you waited all the way until the Super 8s to do it.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
When you can change your team every single day, it basically just becomes a matter of trading out a stack of players who aren't playing on a particular day for a stack of players who are, then trading them back in when their team plays again.
in the last world cup. I named close to the perfect team before the fantasy comp started. And I came close to last because everyone else was just trading like crazy. And most of the trades aren't because you figure a guy is going to get hot. It is because team A is playing tomorrow so I drop my team B players for them (what you said basically). Who has time to do this and where is the skill anyway. And what are we accomplishing - the winner is he who can read the schedule the best.

Like I said I think there should be two comps. One for those who want to play with trades and those who want to do it by actually predicting who will be the best players in the tournament.
Anyway this is not a major issue for me - I am not feeling hard done by - or feel I am missing out.

Edit - Further to my post. My preference is no trades. But I could live with 3-4 trades. As then I could replace an injured player - or if Adam Milne was picked for a game I could trade to him just for that game.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I appreciate it and is definitely something we could look at doing for future competitions.

Taking the T20 World Cup as an example, how would you have seen that working?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If a separate competition is created as mentioned by Hurricane I'd definitely join more often than not.

Some things that would be nice (not sure if they're already in place):

1) A trade could be awarded if a player gets injured midway. (Traded player must be of the same tier)
2) Trades could only be allowed at each benchmark during a tournament. For example x trades after the end of the group stages, x trades at the end of the super eights, x at the end of the semis etc.
3) No more trump player/Captain

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If a separate competition is created as mentioned by Hurricane I'd definitely join more often than not.

Some things that would be nice (not sure if they're already in place):

1) A trade could be awarded if a player gets injured midway. (Traded player must be of the same tier)
2) Trades could only be allowed at each benchmark during a tournament. For example x trades after the end of the group stages, x trades at the end of the super eights, x at the end of the semis etc.
3) No more trump player/Captain
Fair enough, thanks Daemon.

Anymore comments from you guys Hurricane/Prince EWS?
Yep I would be agreeable to either what Daemon has proposed or just a small number of trades. Thanks for your consideration James.

thesearethe11

Cricket Spectator
Thanks Hurricane - appreciate the ideas :)
James, oh please, don't think of changing the format.. I totally disagree on the suggestions above. What's the fun in having static teams? It's important to follow the schedule and change players accordingly so it's dynamic. It's addictive and it is everyday fun. If I have just one team and if the guy is not doing well, why would I want to stick with that guy? Also having changes help catching up with others as one can come up with different strategies. Please don't make teams static and if you do so, I strongly believe that will be end of cricweb fantasy.

Some suggestions though, there are too many transfers available for a small tournament. Also captain changes should be free. That will let people to come up with different picks towards the end to catch up with others. I don't understand the reason on why having these impositions so teams stay static. Just my 2c.

James

Cricket Web Owner
James, oh please, don't think of changing the format.. I totally disagree on the suggestions above. What's the fun in having static teams? It's important to follow the schedule and change players accordingly so it's dynamic. It's addictive and it is everyday fun. If I have just one team and if the guy is not doing well, why would I want to stick with that guy? Also having changes help catching up with others as one can come up with different strategies. Please don't make teams static and if you do so, I strongly believe that will be end of cricweb fantasy.

Some suggestions though, there are too many transfers available for a small tournament. Also captain changes should be free. That will let people to come up with different picks towards the end to catch up with others. I don't understand the reason on why having these impositions so teams stay static. Just my 2c.
Thanks for throwing that in. I think if we're to go with the suggestion, we'd offer two competitions, one with modifications and one without and people can join whichever one they'd prefer to be apart of.

And yes, no cost captaincy changes would make things interesting.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Each team's players and remaining transfers should be visible to all others.
There'd be too much gaming near the top of the table if that was the case I reckon. The winner should be decided by how well each manager manages his own side; not how well he can stalk his close competitors.

Priyank

Cricket Spectator
I second Topic-Starter.

Couldn't agree more with Shaff.

T-20s are kind of low scoring here @ cricketweb, quite unlike the format(t-20) itself. Even I was playing T-20 WC Fantasy League @ cricinfo; They have some really interesting points system. Like :- 1) 6 points when a SIX is hit. 2) Better points distribution for higher Strike-rates. 3) 20 odd points when a Maiden is bowled.

These 3 points (especially last two) should really be considered.

Example :- If I'm picking Saeed Ajmal (Highest ranked player with Grade A) in my fantasy league at the cost of some other player whom I can't get in due to less money left, it's simply not worth it, as if he bowls a maiden (that happens quite rarely in T-20s), I'm still not getting any point for it. Strange !

Similarly for batting. Only 5 points for SR between 150 and 175 ? Means if Gayle scores 100 runs in 50 balls we will still get only 10 odd points for his awesome strike rate of 200 ? Man !

@ cricketweb management, Kindly look into this matter. If you guys want, this game can really be more interesting. Thanks.

murtaza_nns

Cricket Spectator
Couldn't agree more with Shaff.

T-20s are kind of low scoring here @ cricketweb, quite unlike the format(t-20) itself. Even I was playing T-20 WC Fantasy League @ cricinfo; They have some really interesting points system. Like :- 1) 6 points when a SIX is hit. 2) Better points distribution for higher Strike-rates. 3) 20 odd points when a Maiden is bowled.

These 3 points (especially last two) should really be considered.

Example :- If I'm picking Saeed Ajmal (Highest ranked player with Grade A) in my fantasy league at the cost of some other player whom I can't get in due to less money left, it's simply not worth it, as if he bowls a maiden (that happens quite rarely in T-20s), I'm still not getting any point for it. Strange !

Similarly for batting. Only 5 points for SR between 150 and 175 ? Means if Gayle scores 100 runs in 50 balls we will still get only 10 odd points for his awesome strike rate of 200 ? Man !

@ cricketweb management, Kindly look into this matter. If you guys want, this game can really be more interesting. Thanks.
I agree with you.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for the feedback guys.

We do plan on doing a new feature of the Fantasy Cricket software, but at this stage, it won't be until the first half of next year.