• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

regarding t20 points summary

Phil

Cricket Spectator
The ESPN version is slightly flawed. The "6 points per SIX" figure is too high. It really sways the picks from picking say someone like Kallis/Gambihr... tradition medium scoring player who will get 4;s all over the place, but few 6's. And will lean them into picking more of a Pathan/Franklin player, who belts it and can score high or low.

What i do love is adding Maidens. Say 20/25 points. Also upping the run rate for batsmen.

kmrjyt

Cricket Spectator
Match day Competition or Match by Match Ranking in Series

Hey James!

Hope you remember me. :p :p
I also hope as many of us have been advocating for few modification in software from long time. Quarter of year has passed, hope by mid of year you will come up with more discussions and take steps to modify the software.

I would like to add one more suggestion.
People are fighting for Static competition and Dynamic competition.
We can have another category in which match day competition can be played.
It would be great to see individual match-by-match score. and ranking in that match of the series. In a series i might end up in top 50, but may be for one game I will be Rank-1,

And in a series if i miss 1 game(in case of IPL 2-3 day) i am out of competition,
So whatever i do i will have to sit, wait and watch other playing, this match by match will give use chance to play something for and will make it more interesting. Many things happen in life, and sometimes it get difficult to make change in team every time before a game in a series. This will help to overcome this.

It a addiction trying get Rank-1 somehow. hopefully we can make it more interesting by this.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for the suggestion mate :)

We keep all suggestions aside so when we next do an upgrade, we can include a lot of them in our development.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for throwing that in. I think if we're to go with the suggestion, we'd offer two competitions, one with modifications and one without and people can join whichever one they'd prefer to be apart of.

And yes, no cost captaincy changes would make things interesting.
I second Daemon's suggestions with one addition that the static team format should have one trade window at the halfway point of the group stage. And then of course after the group stage, at the eliminator/SF/Final stage, there should be infinite trades allowed. Plus the injury/no show trades as well.

Would be nice for the lazy ones like me, but still a little proactive :D

kmrjyt

Cricket Spectator
@JAmes : When can we expect the upgrade of cricketweb.net/fantasycricket ??? anytime in near future, say within a year ???

kmrjyt

Cricket Spectator
Piling up the suggestions :

Can we have a separate ranking for Whole season, like F1 has. They have point system for each race , which accumulates all season.
Can we have the same here ?
Since if you are not in top 3, there is no achievement, but if you consistent you will have something in this case . is that a consideration ?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for the suggestions, we are working on improvements, but its slow progress at the moment.

Some good ideas you have there :)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Personally the reason I don't play is trades.I don't have time to manage a team and drop players just in time and pick other players just before they play their next game.

If James offered a no trade competition I would enter it. Regardless of the point structure.
Thanks for the suggestions, we are working on improvements, but its slow progress at the moment.

Some good ideas you have there :)
A couple of years ago we discussed this. can we please do a no trades fantasy cricket comp as an alternative to the main competition for the world cup. Would definitely enter.

James

Cricket Web Owner
A couple of years ago we discussed this. can we please do a no trades fantasy cricket comp as an alternative to the main competition for the world cup. Would definitely enter.
Sorry Hurricane, I'll put your suggestion into the ticketing system so it isn't over-looked.

To be honest, we're focused on quite a few other things in advance of the World Cup, but I certainly like this idea and it's something others have mentioned. If I get time, I'll definitely consider making it happen.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We could probably do one based on the honour system even if James doesn't have it hard-coded in. I think it'd add a lot to CW Fantasy if it was just an option when creating a league though.

James

Cricket Web Owner
We could probably do one based on the honour system even if James doesn't have it hard-coded in. I think it'd add a lot to CW Fantasy if it was just an option when creating a league though.
A good suggestion mate.

I don't think it should be too difficult to code in, so if I get time in amongst everything else I'm doing, I'll certainly do it.