Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: regarding t20 points summary

Cricket Spectator

Icon2

Each team's players and remaining transfers should be visible to all others.

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza_nns View Post
    Each team's players and remaining transfers should be visible to all others.
    There'd be too much gaming near the top of the table if that was the case I reckon. The winner should be decided by how well each manager manages his own side; not how well he can stalk his close competitors.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

I second Topic-Starter.

Couldn't agree more with Shaff.

T-20s are kind of low scoring here @ cricketweb, quite unlike the format(t-20) itself. Even I was playing T-20 WC Fantasy League @ cricinfo; They have some really interesting points system. Like :- 1) 6 points when a SIX is hit. 2) Better points distribution for higher Strike-rates. 3) 20 odd points when a Maiden is bowled.

These 3 points (especially last two) should really be considered.

Example :- If I'm picking Saeed Ajmal (Highest ranked player with Grade A) in my fantasy league at the cost of some other player whom I can't get in due to less money left, it's simply not worth it, as if he bowls a maiden (that happens quite rarely in T-20s), I'm still not getting any point for it. Strange !

Similarly for batting. Only 5 points for SR between 150 and 175 ? Means if Gayle scores 100 runs in 50 balls we will still get only 10 odd points for his awesome strike rate of 200 ? Man !

@ cricketweb management, Kindly look into this matter. If you guys want, this game can really be more interesting. Thanks.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Priyank View Post
    Couldn't agree more with Shaff.

T-20s are kind of low scoring here @ cricketweb, quite unlike the format(t-20) itself. Even I was playing T-20 WC Fantasy League @ cricinfo; They have some really interesting points system. Like :- 1) 6 points when a SIX is hit. 2) Better points distribution for higher Strike-rates. 3) 20 odd points when a Maiden is bowled.

These 3 points (especially last two) should really be considered.

Example :- If I'm picking Saeed Ajmal (Highest ranked player with Grade A) in my fantasy league at the cost of some other player whom I can't get in due to less money left, it's simply not worth it, as if he bowls a maiden (that happens quite rarely in T-20s), I'm still not getting any point for it. Strange !

Similarly for batting. Only 5 points for SR between 150 and 175 ? Means if Gayle scores 100 runs in 50 balls we will still get only 10 odd points for his awesome strike rate of 200 ? Man !

@ cricketweb management, Kindly look into this matter. If you guys want, this game can really be more interesting. Thanks.
    I agree with you.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

We do plan on doing a new feature of the Fantasy Cricket software, but at this stage, it won't be until the first half of next year.

Cricket Spectator
    The ESPN version is slightly flawed. The "6 points per SIX" figure is too high. It really sways the picks from picking say someone like Kallis/Gambihr... tradition medium scoring player who will get 4;s all over the place, but few 6's. And will lean them into picking more of a Pathan/Franklin player, who belts it and can score high or low.

What i do love is adding Maidens. Say 20/25 points. Also upping the run rate for batsmen.

Cricket Spectator

Icon7 Match day Competition or Match by Match Ranking in Series

Hey James!

Hope you remember me.
    I also hope as many of us have been advocating for few modification in software from long time. Quarter of year has passed, hope by mid of year you will come up with more discussions and take steps to modify the software.

I would like to add one more suggestion.
    People are fighting for Static competition and Dynamic competition.
    We can have another category in which match day competition can be played.
    It would be great to see individual match-by-match score. and ranking in that match of the series. In a series i might end up in top 50, but may be for one game I will be Rank-1,

And in a series if i miss 1 game(in case of IPL 2-3 day) i am out of competition,
    So whatever i do i will have to sit, wait and watch other playing, this match by match will give use chance to play something for and will make it more interesting. Many things happen in life, and sometimes it get difficult to make change in team every time before a game in a series. This will help to overcome this.

It a addiction trying get Rank-1 somehow. hopefully we can make it more interesting by this.
    Last edited by kmrjyt; 01-04-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Thanks for the suggestion mate

We keep all suggestions aside so when we next do an upgrade, we can include a lot of them in our development.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thanks for throwing that in. I think if we're to go with the suggestion, we'd offer two competitions, one with modifications and one without and people can join whichever one they'd prefer to be apart of.

And yes, no cost captaincy changes would make things interesting.
    I second Daemon's suggestions with one addition that the static team format should have one trade window at the halfway point of the group stage. And then of course after the group stage, at the eliminator/SF/Final stage, there should be infinite trades allowed. Plus the injury/no show trades as well.

Would be nice for the lazy ones like me, but still a little proactive
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Thanks for the suggestion

Cricket Spectator

Icon5

@JAmes : When can we expect the upgrade of cricketweb.net/fantasycricket ??? anytime in near future, say within a year ???

Cricket Spectator
    Piling up the suggestions :

Can we have a separate ranking for Whole season, like F1 has. They have point system for each race , which accumulates all season.
    Can we have the same here ?
    Since if you are not in top 3, there is no achievement, but if you consistent you will have something in this case . is that a consideration ?

Thanks for the suggestions, we are working on improvements, but its slow progress at the moment.

Some good ideas you have there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information