• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Cricket - Indian T20 Tournament 2012

James

Cricket Web Owner
We have opened up our competition for the upcoming Indian Premier League which is named Indian T20 Tournament 2012 with all the squads and schedule having been confirmed and as always it is 100% free to join a Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket competition.

It starts on 8th April and runs through to the 28th May.

For those of you that are new to the Fantasy Cricket concept, we would suggest you have a read through our Game Guide which explains everything to you.

Once you are ready to go, head on in and Register and don't forget it costs you absolutely nothing! If you have registered in the past for Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket or Cricket Web CW Games, you can login to your account through the Fantasy Cricket frontpage.

If you have any questions or problems, please log a Helpdesk call. Please let us know if you notice any missing players from the selectable list so they can be added.

Specific Details of the Competition

* Free no cost modifications until 4th April.

* 200 modifications allowed once the competition starts

* A captaincy change will cost four modifications. As explained on the Game Guide page, your captain earns you double points, but you also lose double points.

* Details on how you score points can be found on the Points Summary page.

Gagzi

Cricket Spectator
A few questions

Hi James,

New to the site and getting all my friends and colleagues to join up here. A few questions for you.

Do you have no points scoring for Man of The Match awards? That would be a good addition and do you not double up the Man of The Match award points or are you going with Captain only?

It would be an interesting change to see if it were possible.

Also if we are in a league of our own where will I be able to see the rankings of our own league and also will I be able to view the teams of my friends/colleagues to do some scouting etc?

Please let me know.

Regards

Gagzi

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi Gagzi,

Thanks for your interest.

No, there is no Man of the Match points given.

Yes, if you create a private competition for all your friends to join, you will be able to see your position within that competition as well as overall. In terms of viewing other players teams, that is down to each individual as they have the option of making their team viewable or not.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
I made a team but went to join a league and got this message -

''HTTP 404 Not Found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please let James Nixon know of the link you followed to get here.

You can now continue surfing around the Cricket Web site.'' ?...

Gagzi

Cricket Spectator
Transfers on days with 2 games

Hi Gagzi,

Thanks for your interest.

No, there is no Man of the Match points given.

Yes, if you create a private competition for all your friends to join, you will be able to see your position within that competition as well as overall. In terms of viewing other players teams, that is down to each individual as they have the option of making their team viewable or not.
Can you confirm that transfers aren't allowed in between matches where there are two matches on the same day? Or has this been changed now? Basically we should cater for both games at start of day?

Regards

Gagan

npk007

Cricket Spectator
Can you confirm that transfers aren't allowed in between matches where there are two matches on the same day? Or has this been changed now? Basically we should cater for both games at start of day?

Regards

Gagan
I have this question too.. SInce there will be 2 IPL matches in a day. can we not change after first game starts so the pending changes become active for second game. Please clarify if we have to change at beginning of the day for both games.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes that's correct guys. You can't change your team in between matches as we believe it to be unfair to people of other timezones.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wait I think I joined ''1332389657'' now. Did a team called Joyce'sCoverDrive just join?...
I was just able to successfully join that private competition.

Try again, or check your Main Menu where you should see the competition.

IrishOpener

U19 Debutant
I'm part of ''Indian T20 Tournament 2012'' & ''Indian premier league'' the first one has 1686 people in it and the other 28. Does that sound correct?...

thesearethe11

Cricket Spectator
Yes that's correct guys. You can't change your team in between matches as we believe it to be unfair to people of other timezones.
That is really bad!!!! Basically if there are two matches on the same day, I can't replace the 1st match players for the second one? This seems to be a big limitation!!!!! I'm not sure if I understand being fair with different timezones. What ever zone they are in, they have time until the beginning of the match to modify. Should be same as the 1st match...

Last edited:

Gagzi

Cricket Spectator
Updates

When do you update the scores? There are a load of us that have come across from ESPNCricinfo and they used to update a few hours after matches. How long is the wait after a game on this site?

Regards

Gagzi

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
That is really bad!!!! Basically if there are two matches on the same day, I can't replace the 1st match players for the second one? This seems to be a big limitation!!!!! I'm not sure if I understand being fair with different timezones. What ever zone they are in, they have time until the beginning of the match to modify. Should be same as the 1st match...
The problem isn't necessarily just in the timezones but also getting someone with the ability to get on and update points between games, often in a very short time.

Unfortunately this is where the timezones comes in as it is the middle of the night for James and I am in work at the time so there is no way to do it otherwise I'm afraid.

Gagzi

Cricket Spectator
Help

The problem isn't necessarily just in the timezones but also getting someone with the ability to get on and update points between games, often in a very short time.

Unfortunately this is where the timezones comes in as it is the middle of the night for James and I am in work at the time so there is no way to do it otherwise I'm afraid.
I wouldn't mind helping out. I own and run EPL Opta Stats & Blog | eplindex.com soccer stats - a stats site for football.

If you need any help give us a shout. I'm sure I could try to update in between games or at least straight after matches to give you a hand as the matches finish around 7pm here in the UK.

James

Cricket Web Owner
I'm part of ''Indian T20 Tournament 2012'' & ''Indian premier league'' the first one has 1686 people in it and the other 28. Does that sound correct?...
Yes that sounds correct. If your joining a private/public user competition that it will be less of course.

No, you need to make the changes for both matches before the 1st match starts. For people in Australia & New Zealand, the 2nd match doesn't start until 3am so it effectively rules out a lot of players from their chances of winning and gives a major advantage to people of the local time zone.

When do you update the scores? There are a load of us that have come across from ESPNCricinfo and they used to update a few hours after matches. How long is the wait after a game on this site?

Regards

Gagzi
2-4 hours on average after the 2nd match of the day.

thesearethe11

Cricket Spectator
No, you need to make the changes for both matches before the 1st match starts. For people in Australia & New Zealand, the 2nd match doesn't start until 3am so it effectively rules out a lot of players from their chances of winning and gives a major advantage to people of the local time zone.
Seriously???? What about games that do start in Australia where it's 3:00AM in USA? What ever it is, start time is the start time and that's what the fun is to get ready what ever it takes...

I'm not sure, if this is a limitation by the way you work on updating the scores and all, but if not, and the only justification is not being fair to all timezones, please reconsider it. As an example, tomorrow, after Mumbai game, I have no use for Mumbai players and I would have replaced Mumbai players with Kings but now I just can't.

Most players coming from ESPN cricinfo will have hard time digesting this tomorrow where there are two games...

But thank you for all the efforts you are putting to keep us entertained.

s_kumar

Cricket Spectator
Dear Admin please open the modification for current match for delhi daredevils vs kk because match toss was not yet happened would kindly request you to please do the need ful once toss happen after as per your condition close the modification