Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasy Cricket - Indian T20 Tournament 2012

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesearethe11 View Post
    That is really bad!!!! Basically if there are two matches on the same day, I can't replace the 1st match players for the second one? This seems to be a big limitation!!!!! I'm not sure if I understand being fair with different timezones. What ever zone they are in, they have time until the beginning of the match to modify. Should be same as the 1st match...
    The problem isn't necessarily just in the timezones but also getting someone with the ability to get on and update points between games, often in a very short time.

Unfortunately this is where the timezones comes in as it is the middle of the night for James and I am in work at the time so there is no way to do it otherwise I'm afraid.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Cricket Spectator

Help

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    The problem isn't necessarily just in the timezones but also getting someone with the ability to get on and update points between games, often in a very short time.

Unfortunately this is where the timezones comes in as it is the middle of the night for James and I am in work at the time so there is no way to do it otherwise I'm afraid.
    I wouldn't mind helping out. I own and run EPL Opta Stats & Blog | eplindex.com soccer stats - a stats site for football.

If you need any help give us a shout. I'm sure I could try to update in between games or at least straight after matches to give you a hand as the matches finish around 7pm here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishOpener View Post
    I'm part of ''Indian T20 Tournament 2012'' & ''Indian premier league'' the first one has 1686 people in it and the other 28. Does that sound correct?...
    Yes that sounds correct. If your joining a private/public user competition that it will be less of course.

That is really bad!!!! Basically if there are two matches on the same day, I can't replace the 1st match players for the second one? This seems to be a big limitation!!!!! I'm not sure if I understand being fair with different timezones. What ever zone they are in, they have time until the beginning of the match to modify. Should be same as the 1st match...
    No, you need to make the changes for both matches before the 1st match starts. For people in Australia & New Zealand, the 2nd match doesn't start until 3am so it effectively rules out a lot of players from their chances of winning and gives a major advantage to people of the local time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagzi View Post
    When do you update the scores? There are a load of us that have come across from ESPNCricinfo and they used to update a few hours after matches. How long is the wait after a game on this site?

Regards

Gagzi
    2-4 hours on average after the 2nd match of the day.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

No, you need to make the changes for both matches before the 1st match starts. For people in Australia & New Zealand, the 2nd match doesn't start until 3am so it effectively rules out a lot of players from their chances of winning and gives a major advantage to people of the local time zone.
    Seriously???? What about games that do start in Australia where it's 3:00AM in USA? What ever it is, start time is the start time and that's what the fun is to get ready what ever it takes...

I'm not sure, if this is a limitation by the way you work on updating the scores and all, but if not, and the only justification is not being fair to all timezones, please reconsider it. As an example, tomorrow, after Mumbai game, I have no use for Mumbai players and I would have replaced Mumbai players with Kings but now I just can't.

Most players coming from ESPN cricinfo will have hard time digesting this tomorrow where there are two games...

But thank you for all the efforts you are putting to keep us entertained.

Cricket Spectator

Fantasy Cricket - Indian T20 Tournament 2012

Dear Admin please open the modification for current match for delhi daredevils vs kk because match toss was not yet happened would kindly request you to please do the need ful once toss happen after as per your condition close the modification

Seriously???? What about games that do start in Australia where it's 3:00AM in USA? What ever it is, start time is the start time and that's what the fun is to get ready what ever it takes...

I'm not sure, if this is a limitation by the way you work on updating the scores and all, but if not, and the only justification is not being fair to all timezones, please reconsider it. As an example, tomorrow, after Mumbai game, I have no use for Mumbai players and I would have replaced Mumbai players with Kings but now I just can't.

Most players coming from ESPN cricinfo will have hard time digesting this tomorrow where there are two games...

But thank you for all the efforts you are putting to keep us entertained.
    That's a fair enough point and something that could be considered for IPL 2013. We would need to make some slight modifications to the way the modifications work currently, but it is possible.

We've always done it this way however, regardless of where the tournament is. Whether it's Australia, England, India, etc.

We'll definitely consider it however, and I'll bring it up with the other members of the FC team.

Quote Originally Posted by s_kumar View Post
    Dear Admin please open the modification for current match for delhi daredevils vs kk because match toss was not yet happened would kindly request you to please do the need ful once toss happen after as per your condition close the modification
    If your want a prompt response, raising a ticket in the helpdesk is the best way. The modifications are disabled right on the start time of the match. If it's delayed by rain or some other reason, we don't take that into account. This is because we can't always have someone available for each and every start time of the match, so its completely automated.
    Last edited by James; 05-04-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Cricket Spectator
    James, How do injuries work then?

Sachin may be injured today. I want to know what the process is of changing him? Does he need to stay in my side until I receive a free transfer point or how does it work?

When do you check if he is in our team? Just need some clarification about the free transfer if Sachin is injured today.

Any chance of getting that clarification before the game starts?

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Injury replacements only happen if the player is officially ruled out of the whole Tournament and that player is in your team when the injury is updated on the system.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    Injury replacements only happen if the player is officially ruled out of the whole Tournament and that player is in your team when the injury is updated on the system.
    Thank you for that swift response.

Cricket Spectator

Show number of changes in Private Competition

Admin,

One critical feature missing is it doesn't show number of changes left for each team in the Private competition. Since you show maintain this number, its should be a simple column addition to the "PRIVATE COMPETITION" ranking page and show the no of changes you maintain from the database. If you think other folks will complain, create a poll and see of majority likes it.

Most of the folks playing in user league, want to see how many changes other have and make their changes accordingly. There are new folks joining fantasy cricket, and it would be good for them to see how other are making changes so they learn quickly.

Can you please add it.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    200 modifications are really high. Is it possible for private competition owners to reduce it?
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Quote Originally Posted by npk007 View Post
    Admin,

One critical feature missing is it doesn't show number of changes left for each team in the Private competition. Since you show maintain this number, its should be a simple column addition to the "PRIVATE COMPETITION" ranking page and show the no of changes you maintain from the database. If you think other folks will complain, create a poll and see of majority likes it.

Most of the folks playing in user league, want to see how many changes other have and make their changes accordingly. There are new folks joining fantasy cricket, and it would be good for them to see how other are making changes so they learn quickly.

Can you please add it.
    Thanks for the suggestion. We'll consider that for the next release however it would probably be along the lines of the user choosing whether they wish to display it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    200 modifications are really high. Is it possible for private competition owners to reduce it?
    No that isn't possible.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. We'll consider that for the next release however it would probably be along the lines of the user choosing whether they wish to display it or not.

No that isn't possible.
    It should be fine to show this information if user selects to be "public"
    When is your next release?

Quote Originally Posted by npk007 View Post
    It should be fine to show this information if user selects to be "public"
    When is your next release?
    Yes that was what I meant.

Should be a release sometime before the T20 World Cup. No work has started on it yet but we'll discuss all the suggestions that have come through after the IPL finishes.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Yesterday the site was down for some time and some players in the league couldn't make substitutions in time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information