• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Points assigned to players - Aus/Ind vs Pak/Eng

W63l35

Cricket Spectator
Hi,
The points (7-15 & the letter rank A-E) assigned to player for Pak-Eng series are pretty stiff as compared to points assigned to Aus-Eng series. Let me show you the comparison:

1. Total points.

Aus-Ind Series: 354 points assigned to 32 players which is 11.1 point per player.
Pak-Eng Series; 315 points assigned to 31 players which is 10.1 points per player.

This means the players for Eng-Pak series are more expensive...for the total spending points of 125 each for both series.

So can you please increase the total available points from 125 to 135 or lower the cost for each player.

Not convince yet? :) Let me give you a few more differences;

2. Number of Players in each category for both series.
Code:
[B]Category    	Points	Nbr of Players in Ind-Aus Series	Nbr of players in Pak-Eng Series[/B]
A		15		 3				 3
[B]B		13		 2	[/B]			[B] 8[/B]
C 		11		10				10
D		 9		11				 9
E		 7		 5				 2

[B]Total		31				32[/B]

As you can see there are 8 player in B category for Pak-Eng series but only 2 in Ind-Aus series.

3. Some individual rankings.

Code:
Team        Type          Name      Cat            Pts
IND	WK	Dhoni	B	13
AUS	Bat	Ponting	B	13

PAK	Bat	Hafeez	B	13
PAK	Bat	Younis	B	13
PAK	Bowl	Ajmal	B	13
ENG	Bat	Trott	B	13
ENG	Bowl	Bresnan	B	13
ENG	Bowl	Swann	B	13
ENG	Bowl	Broad	B	13
ENG	WK	Prior	B	13

IND	Bat	Laxman	C	11
IND	Bat	Dravid	C	11
IND	Bat	Gambhir	C	11
IND	Bowl	Zaheer	C	11
IND	Bowl	Ishant	C	11
IND	Bowl	Ojha	C	11
AUS	Bat	Clarke	C	11
AUS	Bowl	Siddle	C	11
AUS	Bowl	Patnson	C	11
AUS	WK	Haddin	C	11

PAK	Bat	Azhar	C	11
PAK	Bat	Misbah	C	11
PAK	Bat	U.Akmal	C	11
PAK	Bowl	U. Gul	C	11
PAK	Bowl	Rhaman	C	11
PAK	Bowl	Wahab	C	11
ENG	Bat	Struass	C	11
ENG	Bat	KP	C	11
ENG	Bowl	Tremlet	C	11
ENG	Bowl	Finn	C	11
How can Hafeez be in category B where as Dravid, Laxman, Gambhir, Clarke, KP and Trott in category C?

How can Dravid, Laxman, Gambhir & Clarke (from Ind-Aus) be in the same category C ....as Azhar Ali, Misbah, Umar Akmal (may not even play)?

How can Hussey and Farhat be in the same category (D)?

So.. can you please re-evaluate the points for player in Pak-Eng series?

Thanks.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The points for all the players have been revamped over the last few weeks, unfortunately we cannot change points when series are in progress so not all of the players have been updated as yet (Dale Steyn is currently a D ranking)

As for the current rankings, that is an effect of England being the best side around, which has come about because a lot of players have been performing at the same time. As for the specific example of Hafeez, it's been argued that on current form he's one of the best openers around, and he can also bowl pretty effectively at times, so he has a higher ranking.

Looking at your questions, I would say that Trott and Pietersen are borderline B/C as well, so I've put them down a bit.

The idea of Fantasy Cricket is that it is meant to be a challenge to select using the limit of points to play with, otherwise everyone would have the same team, and I don't think any changes are possible now without messing up the system (and disadvantaging people who've already selected).

125 points averages out at 9 C's and 2 B's, if you want more higher value players, pick some lower value players!

W63l35

Cricket Spectator
The points for all the players have been revamped over the last few weeks, unfortunately we cannot change points when series are in progress so not all of the players have been updated as yet (Dale Steyn is currently a D ranking)
Really appreciate your response. Just to clarify..... I am not asking to revise the ranking/points for series in progress. I am requesting the ranking of players in Pak-Eng series to be lowered which has not begun yet.

Thanks.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Really appreciate your response. Just to clarify..... I am not asking to revise the ranking/points for series in progress. I am requesting the ranking of players in Pak-Eng series to be lowered which has not begun yet.

Thanks.
The India/Australia series is using the old ranking points. All the points for them will be adjusted following the conclusion of the Australia/India Test series which will see them ranked similar to the below.

The feedback we've had to date is that most people prefer the nature of the rankings adjustment so it becomes more difficult and challenging to select a team.

Sachin Tendulkar A
Gautam Gambhir B
Rahul Dravid B
Virender Sehwag B
Zaheer Khan B
Praveen Kumar B
VVS Laxman C
Ishant Sharma C
Pragyan Ojha C
MS Dhoni C
Harbhajan Singh C
Ajinkya Rahane D