• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

TOO much points to loose

karanc

Cricket Spectator
dear cricketweb team,
i like to bring your attention to the point system you are following for ODI/T20 . specially the negative points. for a bowler he gets so many chance to save that negative points (example >= 60 runs) to loose points .......but for a batsmen if its first ball out .....man it will cost you -10 its ok to subtract -5 if he gets out on 0 but it is too much to subtract -10 . just for an example a batsmen get out on 1 ball = -10 and a batmen played one dot ball and then get out = - 5 . i dont see any logic of taking out -5 extra from the first batsmen.

one more example ....if a bowler took 3 wicket in a ODI match he'll get 15 points and let say he came out to bat in last few overs and get out on first ball which is so obvious in cricket so h'll get -10 for this mistake and the total will be only 5 points which do not reflect his performance in a match.

to make the fantasy game more interesting you should make it closely fought rather then just going by cricket terms and penlty the batsmen without any chance.

i need few friends who understand the game and know what i am trying to put here to make this game even better.

regards
karan

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi Karan,

Thanks for the suggestion. The minus points system was put in to add a bit of variety and make people sweat it out a bit when players are on 0.

We'll certainly take your suggestion into consideration, but from our research done, most players seem to enjoy the minus points system.

karanc

Cricket Spectator
i understand ...but by this i feel it is little biased as in a team a bowler is mainly to bowl and not to bat all the time and score the same way as batsmen to score more then to bowl . so if a batsman score a 50 and gave out even 50 runs in 4-5 your point system wont charge him any penalty ...but if a bowler bowls good 10 overs for 2 wicket and let say under 60 runs and get out on first ball which is usually the last overs of the match his point for the day will read 10-10 = BIG zero . which i feel shouldnt be their. rest is on people and your staff i can just give my perception.

Lunchie

Cricket Spectator
The minus points system is IMO generally good - but equally karanc has a good point.

Batsmen, allrounders and wicketkeepers are selected to a greater or lesser degree on their batting ability and if they fail then penalties should be expected however bowlers are usually picked on bowling skill alone. They are far more likely to get out without scoring.

Therefore I'd say penalising them for poor batting skills is against the nature of the game.

Note also that the penalty batting points for bowlers is even more "unfair" in a limited overs game when often the bowlers are batting in the last few overs and have been told to try and hit it out of the park.

Bowlers have penalty points for bowling badly and batsmen have penalty points for batting badly. I think it would improve the game if penalty batting points were removed for bowlers.

cricedwr

Cricket Spectator
Having played club cricket for many years I have yet to meet a bowler who doesn't think he can bat. At international level these are proffessionals and should therefore be able to hold a bat. If the bowlers are only played for their bowling skills why are they allowed to bat? As far as picking a fantasy team is concerned it adds to the skill required in balancing a bowlers' ability with the ball and his batting prowess. Just think back to Jason Gillespie's 201 against Bangladesh.
Leave in the minus points, it adds to the exitement: after all it's just a bit of fun.