• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

points error?

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
Sorry to do this again, but Afridi has been given 33 points

4 wickets = 20 points
economy rate = 10 points
13runs = 2 points

= 32 points

James

Cricket Web Owner
When it was 1 point for each five runs scored; 13 runs will earn only 2 points acc to the rules..
Its always been this way right from day one.

It's because you can't have like 2.5 points, it has to be a whole number, so we round it to the closest 5

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
As long as the rule is the same for all batsman I don't think it really matters.

But does lead to some questions

If a batsman scores 99 then it gets rounded up to 100, Does he get the century bonus?

I guess the answer is no, but you see how if you round up it can be ambiguious

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes, the answer is no. The points get rounded up, but the batsman doesn't get the 100 bonus.

Yes you can see that, but then I think people would find it more confusing with total points of say 100.34

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
But why do we need this confusion! Why cant we count as 95 when the batsman scores 99. The batsman will get points for the runs he scores....but rounding the points doesnt please me........

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's because it's one point for every five runs Raghav.

If someone scores 98 for example, they'd get 20 points rather than 19 points. It's more unfair in our eyes for people to get it rounded down to 95 rather than rounded up to 100.

It doesn't mean they get the 100 run bonus either, just an extra point and it's the same for all and always has been.