• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why are Indian players over ranked?

allout

Cricket Spectator
Hello, How are you doing?

I was just wondering why Indian players are over ranked in Mens Twenty20 World Cup 2009 .
For Example:
Ishant Sharma is ranked "A" who has played just 4 matches and his Avg = 51 and Econ 9.00 R/O = , while you have ranked Umar Gul "D" and even Englad's Stuart Broad and James Anderson have better stats than Ishant Sharma but they are "E" and "D".

Ishant Sharma's Stats:
Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
4 4 68 102 2 1/35 1/35 51.00 9.00 34.0 0 0 0

Umar Gul's Stats"
14 14 310 252 24 4/8 4/8 10.50 4.87 12.9 3 0 0

Stuart Broad's Stats"
12 12 270 381 14 3/37 3/37 27.21 8.46 19.2 0 0 0

ALSO

Irfan Pathan, Gautam Gambhir, Yusuf Pathan, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma,Rudra Pratap Singh are worth not more than "C".

Pragyan Ojha, Praveen Kumar, Ravindra Jadeja should been "E".

IPL is another thing but International Cricket is another game.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Apologies for the late response.

This is the due to the IPL and Twenty20 World Cup competitions over-lapping. Players rankings are associated to the player, and not to the competition.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Hey James I wouldn't mind updating these to a more relevant standard for each form of the game etc. I mean Gul should certainly be an A-B in T20 cricket and Sharma more like B-C.

James

Cricket Web Owner
That would be great, if you're seriously interested, give me a bell over MSN. Address in my signature.