• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Iffy Allrounders for Sri Lanka vs India Tests

kp4captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
To me it seems as if bowlers who can bat a bit are being given all-rounder status, examples being Kumble, Vaas and Harbhajan Singh. But if this is the case then surely batsman who can bowl a bit should also be given allrounder status, the two in question I'm specifically thinking of are Sourav Ganguly and Tillekeratne Dilshan.
Thanks

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yes, it's definitely a bit iffy. The problem was the lack of all-rounders in both squads meaning it posed a problem when creating this competition.

foruandr

Cricket Spectator
Speaking of allrounders does anyone know why there is no Irfan Pathan? Or even his half-brother Yusuf? They are both very good players and I think it may have not been wise to leave either of them out. Also, why Karthik and not Dhoni?

Rich2001

International Captain
Speaking of allrounders does anyone know why there is no Irfan Pathan? Or even his half-brother Yusuf? They are both very good players and I think it may have not been wise to leave either of them out. Also, why Karthik and not Dhoni?
Dhoni was dropped due to the fact that he has requested a break and asked not to be selected for the series.

As for the others after the mualing they recived today, they probabley wished they hadn't :laugh:

foruandr

Cricket Spectator
Ah, that would make sense as, at least in my opinion, Dhoni is a better wicketkeeper and batsman than Karthik, altough Karthik is quite good. Thank you for replying, though.

Rich2001

International Captain
In my opinion there arnt enough bowlers only 3 played and you have to pick 4
There is 7 bowlers in the system, unfortuantly we have no control over who the selectors pick to play in the game.

I think the number of AR's is the main issue and as was said at the start of the thread this will be corrected in the next series, unfortuantly we can't amend mid-series as it will cause all sorts of problem with everyones teams etc.

taxi11

Cricket Spectator
i got one AR Ajantha and 4 bowlers, i selected zaheer, ishanth, murli as bowler but the fourth bowler is not playing from sl side "tushara" I played first test short of one bowler.