• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rich2001

International Captain
Read The Rules.... Now Select Your Side!

To select your side you need to select your players from the team lists and then fill out the form, and then sit back and watch your players rake in the points throughout the World Cup for you.

Click on the link below to go to the Fantasy Cricket section of Cricket Web.

www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket/index.shtml

Last edited:

Rich2001

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
What if someone gets injured? Do we get to choose a replacement?
Quoted from the Fantasy Cricket Rules.

13. In the event of a selected player being injured, the official replacement named by his country will be placed into any team containg the injured player.

However if this happens in the group stage then remember you can make transfers between the group stage and Super Sixes, if it happens after the Super Sixes have started, then it's just unlucky.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
hey ive read the rules but im not sure about choosing players bit.

when you put the code in, do you put the players name you picked in next to it, or could you put anyones? (like i could have myself in the side for instance)
im guessing you put the players name in, but id like to have an interesting line up of different people (non cricketeers and such...)

Bazza

International 12th Man
No you have to put in the name of the player which matches the code you put in the first box. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You put the actual players name - ie AUS001 Hayden.

This is so that when we confirm the teams, we ensure the manager has selected the player they actually want!

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Bazza said:
No you have to put in the name of the player which matches the code you put in the first box. :)

but if you put the code in, it should recognise the player already?
oh well
ill have to remake my team LOL

Bazza

International 12th Man
You see the reason is that if you make a mistake when typing in the code (eg you hit 2 instead of 1) then you end up with a player in your side who you didn't want. Worst case scenario that player is actually a different position than the one you intended to select and your team becomes void because it has the wrong make up of player types.

So you see by asking people to submit the player code and name, it can be cross referenced. If everything matches the team is in, if not then someone can quickly email you to double check which player you wanted or where the mistake was made. Hope that is all clear!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm going to start on making a form for this soon, I can't say when, maybe when I can actually go a few days without a registry error which requires me to put all my settings back and install some programs (like VB5) which won't work if they are not in the registry. I will try and make it so you select a player from a scroll down menu and it comes up with the code. Also I will try and make it allow a max of 2 players from each team. I'll see how I go.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Oops Rik just found out SR and econ count in the WC fantasy competition. Quite bad news considering his Canadian batsman JV Harris is currently 20* off 65 balls, despite just hitting a boundary!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Bazza said:
Oops Rik just found out SR and econ count in the WC fantasy competition. Quite bad news considering his Canadian batsman JV Harris is currently 20* off 65 balls, despite just hitting a boundary!
Let's see how Tikolo does :)