• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Making Transfers

roy

Cricket Spectator
Hi
i tried to make a transfer afterthe new zealand - kenya match..
however it says
"A match is currently being played or is likely to start within the next four hours within a 2020 Fantasy Cricket Competition. Please check back a few hours after the conclusion of the match."
i thought transfers were simply not allowed while a match is in progress.. now it say we cant do it even 4 hours before the next match!!!!
damn...

roy

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi
i tried to make a transfer afterthe new zealand - kenya match..
however it says

i thought transfers were simply not allowed while a match is in progress.. now it say we cant do it even 4 hours before the next match!!!!
damn...

roy
The match was updated 20 minutes after it finished, and modifications were open for over an hour, but are now closed for the Pakistan v Scotland match.

pakis-naz

Cricket Spectator
20Twenty World cup

This is rapidly becoming unplayable!

It’s proving almost impossible to modify the team. Yesterday, if you were lucky there was a small window between the first and second games. But no chance before the Australia game! So the only way to make changes between games is just to hope that the previous game finishes early.

This morning, about 30 mins before the start, that annoying message:-
“A match is currently being played or is likely to start within the next four hours within a 2020 Fantasy Cricket Competition. Please check back a few hours after the conclusion of the match.” appeared. Why was this, surely there was plenty of time! Because of the delayed start, for whatever reason it takes so long to update the server, there will be no chance of making any changes for the England game.

Not good.

pakis-naz

Cricket Spectator
20Twenty World cup

This is rapidly becoming unplayable!

It’s proving almost impossible to modify the team. Yesterday, if you were lucky there was a small window between the first and second games. But no chance before the Australia game! So the only way to make changes between games is just to hope that the previous game finishes early.

This morning, about 30 mins before the start, that annoying message:-
“A match is currently being played or is likely to start within the next four hours within a 2020 Fantasy Cricket Competition. Please check back a few hours after the conclusion of the match.” appeared. Why was this, surely there was plenty of time! Because of the delayed start, for whatever reason it takes so long to update the server, there will be no chance of making any changes for the England game.

Not good.

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's not our fault the window between games is very short, and this is all being handled by one person - me. As I mentioned above, the points were updated 20 minutes after the game finished too.

It's the same for everyone, so it isn't quite a particular group of people are being disadvantaged.

pakis-naz

Cricket Spectator
But whats the point of having 16 modifications, if the teams can't be modified? Last night i could only modify my team at 10pm, the overall majority of yesterday was spent being unable to mod a team.

gr1fter

Cricket Spectator
Steady-on Pakis, I understand your frustration, but James is doing the best that he can (by himself), and a fine job too. And it’s free!

Anyway, may I attempt to offer something more constructive?

In an attempt to improve the Team modifications process, do the scores need to be updated after every game; can these just not be done after the last of the 3 daily matches as been played? By doing this would this then free-up more time to do modifications to teams?

Or

Once a game has started can the team Modification process be allowed but any changes made at this time can not come into effect until the start of the next match?

Off course, all of this is presuming that the computer equipment is capable of this but let me stress that I am a computer illiterate!

pakis-naz

Cricket Spectator
That darned message "
A match is currently being played or is likely to start within the next four hours within a 2020 Fantasy Cricket Competition. Please check back a few hours after the conclusion of the match. "

So no modifications for the day again!

The worst Fantasy Anything ever, contradiction in terms......

James

Cricket Web Owner
Due to the 1st match starting late, it rolled straight into the Zimbabwe/England, hence why the modifications are still disabled.

You still have at least 15 hours during the day to make modifications, so I don't see the problem personally, and you're the only one who appears to have an issue with it.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Steady-on Pakis, I understand your frustration, but James is doing the best that he can (by himself), and a fine job too. And it’s free!

Anyway, may I attempt to offer something more constructive?

In an attempt to improve the Team modifications process, do the scores need to be updated after every game; can these just not be done after the last of the 3 daily matches as been played? By doing this would this then free-up more time to do modifications to teams?

Or

Once a game has started can the team Modification process be allowed but any changes made at this time can not come into effect until the start of the next match?

Off course, all of this is presuming that the computer equipment is capable of this but let me stress that I am a computer illiterate!
Some nice suggestions :)

Those are definitely possible, and could be considered for the next release of the software. There's no way it can happen during the Twenty20 World Cup however, as there simply isn't the time, and there's only 11 days left in the competition.

pakis-naz

Cricket Spectator
Sorry James, but i am far from the only one mentioning it. However, i am the only one who has taken the time to register, and bring it to your attention, so that you can improve the process!

And if yesterdays performance is the norm, then there will be no chance of modifications for the 3rd match, because if i remember the server was down, when it came back i don't know, and then it was nearer 10pm (UK time).

James

Cricket Web Owner
The server hasn't been down in over two weeks now, so if you experiencing problems, it may well have been at your end, or somewhere in between.

Like I said above, there's only so much one person can do, and it's hardly the fault of us that a rain delay forced two games to run together today.

Last edited:

pakis-naz

Cricket Spectator
If the server hasn't been down for weeks then there are problems elsewhere.

Yet again, at roughly the same time as yesterday, no access is possible. "HTTP 403 error". This is a different PC, in a different town, than i was using yesterday when this happend. Two other people also having same problem.

Anybody any ideas as to the cause of the fault?

Its Okay now, thanks

OS1

Cricket Spectator
sheeesh its just a minor problem in an otherwise great game.

keep it up james.

pakis-naz: its a problem yes but work around it

cpr

International Coach
actually in fairness i did have issues connecting to the forums earlier on today. Considering were just one country out of many who use cricketweb, its more than likely it was a british thing.

As for modifications, just check the fixtures in advance, check the start times, and plan accordingly. Rocket science has never been so easy

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Herschelle Gibbs has been injured for 2 straight matches now. Are we allowed to transfer another player for him?

pakis-naz

Cricket Spectator
Useless!

Server/software not up to the job! No chance of mods between the England/NZ and Oz/Pak game.

"Plan Accordingly", I did! I planned on taking English out and Puttin Oz players in! Not rocket science, common sense, but scuppered by the tempremental nature of the fantasy cricket.

You lot have no idea what a successful fantasy game is.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Rather than being down right rude, why don't you get your facts straight first! 8-)

There was only 50 minutes between the matches, 10 minutes of which was needed to update the points for the NZ/Eng match. That gave you 40 minutes to make any changes you wanted, and from checking the database, lots of people made changes to their team. You don't hear them complaining do you?

To be perfectly honest, if all you want to do is be rude and abusive, move on and use another site.