• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

clarification required on modifications????

vinodshankar

Cricket Spectator
For the World Cup 2007 competition, the rules state that a total of 20 modifications would be allowed. Now if i make mass changes to my team and then hit the modify button once, is that considered 1 modification or is the number of modifications based on the number of players i substituted???

Ambous

Cricket Spectator
I'm guessing if you make 3 player changes in one session then it would count as 3 modifications....

vinodshankar

Cricket Spectator
Ok then what are player replacements? cause the rules state that you can make 20 modifications plust 10 player replacements

Rich2001

International Captain
Ok then what are player replacements? cause the rules state that you can make 20 modifications plust 10 player replacements
Not sure where you read the above as I can't find it?

However this is the general information around the transfers (modifications) in this comp.

The World Cup transfer limit has been set to 20 modifications - This is for the whole competition (Group, Super 8's & Final)

* A standard team change will cost you 1 transfer eg player for player.

* A Captain change will work out to 4 transfers - This is changing a captain within your current team.

* If you bring in a new player and wish to make him captain then it's both of the above so 5 transfers.

* If a player is ruled out through injury then your team will be awarded a extra replacment transfer to allow you to swap this player without eating into your limit.

Up to the start of the World Cup (The first match Pakistan v West Indies - 13:30GMT) - You can change and modify your team as much as you like free of charge, so if you see a player in the warm up games not performing or you just have a change of mind you can esily swap them over.

As soon as the World Cup starts your then only have those 20 transfer points avaible to you, these can all be used in one go if you so wish or you can spread them out over the course of the matches.

The transfers can be made at anytime you like 24/7 however the transfer system is disbled while a match is in progress to aviod unfair trading.

All transferees become instanstly part of your team so will score points from the momment they join your team.

You retain the points a player has earnt when they leave but newcommers start on zero points.

Hope this helps

Rich2001

International Captain
For the World Cup 2007 competition, the rules state that a total of 20 modifications would be allowed. Now if i make mass changes to my team and then hit the modify button once, is that considered 1 modification or is the number of modifications based on the number of players i substituted???
Nope as Ambous correctly pointed out a modification is the transfer of a player, not the action of making a modification.

vinodshankar

Cricket Spectator
Thanks for the clarifications guys. When do the points get updated? immediately after the game or does it take a few hours?

Stephen King

Cricket Spectator
This morning I had 20 modifications left to use. I decided to make a few changes due to suspensions, players not being selected, Australia to face the Mighty Scotland etc, so I made 4 changes and now have only 12 modifications left to make, just wondering why this may have happened.

SK.

I've just realised after reading other post, FAQ's that this could be down to the fact that I transferred my captain. Is this right? Just seems a bit unfair if it is.

James

Cricket Web Owner
vinodshankar - 1-2 hours after a match has completed.
Stephen King - I just responded to your support email a few minutes ago.

James

Cricket Web Owner
James having a few problems at this end, what was the message? Oh and good luck avoiding relegation.
This was the email I sent you:

Hi Stephen,

This indicates that you made a captaincy change. A captaincy change counts as four modifications, and along with your four changes, that would make eight changes in total.

James Nixon
Cricket Web Owner
http://www.cricketweb.net
Thanks - we certainly need it!