• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Ashes

James

Cricket Web Owner
The next Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket Competition has been created named The Ashes.

Below are the matches included in this competition. Remember, if you choose to enter your team now, you can modify it as much as you like prior to the start of the competition.

To enter a team against this competition simply login to your account, or if you haven't yet registered you can do so here.

The Ashes - this is a TEST Competition

Start Date - 23-11-2006
End Date - 06-01-2007

Below is a list of the matches that will be played for the selected competition.

Home Team Away Team Match Start Date Venue
Australia England 23-11-2006 Brisbane Cricket Ground (Gabba)
Australia England 01-12-2006 Adelaide Oval
Australia England 14-12-2006 W.A.C.A. Ground
Australia England 26-12-2006 Melbourne Cricket Ground
Australia England 02-01-2007 Sydney Cricket Ground

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was trying to add a team today, but there was only one choice for the allrounder position (Flintoff). Should include Watson in there for Australia, IMO. It's a pretty safe bet that he'll be included in the squad, once it's named.

James

Cricket Web Owner
andyc said:
Was trying to add a team today, but there was only one choice for the allrounder position (Flintoff). Should include Watson in there for Australia, IMO. It's a pretty safe bet that he'll be included in the squad, once it's named.
Good point, have added Watson with a ranking of D.

James

Cricket Web Owner
dontcloseyoureyes said:
It's also freakin' hard to make a team under the points limit.
When you've got the two best Test nations playing off against each other, you'd expect that.

James

Cricket Web Owner
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Indeed, I tried to make one but just couldn't be bothered with it.
Not being forced into selecting Flintoff should make things easier.

andmark

International Captain
stop giving the barmy army a bad time. We all know that the ausies can play like yo yos:jawdrop:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I've entered my team and it consists of England players only. I had trouble getting a team under the points limit, so chopped Ponting for Bell, Hussey for Collingwood, Harmison for Mahmood, and with it chopped all my chances of victory :laugh:

ripper868

International Coach
Picking Team...

Holy cow its hard to get a good team without going over that point limit....i even had to pick a couple of english guys...:-O

James

Cricket Web Owner
When you have the top two teams in Test cricket, of course it's going to be hard ;)

Inzi_mam

Cricket Spectator
I think picking my best Xi is getting harder and harder flintoff and gili are too expensive....:laugh:
Well done guys.. special James...:dry:
Any gifts for the top three this time..
???