• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Minnows Collide - New Fantasy Cricket Competition

James

Cricket Web Owner
The next Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket Competition has been created named Minnows Collide.

Below are the matches included in this competition. Remember, if you choose to enter your team now, you can modify it as much as you like prior to the start of the competition.

To enter a team against this competition simply login to your account, or if you haven't yet registered you can do so here.

Minnows Collide - this is a ODI Competition

Start Date - 19-07-2006
End Date - 10-08-2006

Below is a list of the matches that will be played for the selected competition.

Home Team Away Team Match Start Date Venue
Kenya Bangladesh 19-07-2006 Nairobi
Kenya Bangladesh 22-07-2006 Nairobi
Kenya Bangladesh 23-07-2006 Nairobi
Zimbabwe Bangladesh 29-07-2006 Harare
Zimbabwe Bangladesh 30-07-2006 Harare
Zimbabwe Bangladesh 02-08-2006 Harare
Zimbabwe Bangladesh 04-08-2006 Harare
Canada Kenya 05-08-2006 Toronto
Scotland Ireland 05-08-2006 Ayr
Zimbabwe Bangladesh 06-08-2006 Harare
Scotland Netherlands 06-08-2006 Ayr
Canada Kenya 06-08-2006 Toronto
Ireland Netherlands 08-08-2006 Ayr
Bermuda Kenya 09-08-2006 Toronto
Bermuda Kenya 10-08-2006 Toronto

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I was just having a quick look thru the stats of some of the players (slow Sunday here chez Brumby) as I'm not familiar with much of their work & I think Ryan Higgins of Zimbabwe has been wrongly classified.

The comp has him as a batter, but he averages a distinctly tailender-ish 1.60 from 9 ODIs & was due to bat @ 10 in his last game had his services been required!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
More questions:

Kennedy Otieno retired following his non-selection in the Intercontinental Cup? (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/kenya/content/story/242621.html)
It's Maurice, not Morris Ouma
A Suji = Tony Suji
Brendan Taylor or Charles Coventry function as wickies for Zimbabwe,
There's no line between the Bermudian (Leverock, O'Brien, Durham) and Canadian (Dhaniram, Osinde, etc.) bowlers
Schiferli (Ned) is injured and won't feature in matches for a while
Gavin Hamilton (Scot) has suffered from the yips and injuries and is a pure batsman now
van Bunge (Ned) rarely bowls except in emergencies and ought to be a batsman uf Aftab Ahmed is
Eric Szwarczynski ought to feature as a batsman for Netherlands given his present form Umar Bhatti (Can) ought to feature as a bowler when he's at present nowhere
Piet Rinke (Zim) is an opening batsman and should probably trade places with Ryan Higgins.
Nehemiah Odhiambo Ngoche (Ken) is usually mentioned only as Nehemiah Odhiambo (and messes up the page because of his insane name)
Brijal Patel (Ken) who has played 28 ODIs is still in the frame somewhere as a batsman.

Yes, I have too little to do. :ph34r:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I was just having a quick browse & I noticed that the Kenya-Bangladesh ODIs have been rearranged for 12th, 13th & 15th August.

Just thought I'd mention it as it might mean a few teams need to be altered (mine def does...).