• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The World Challenge - New Fantasy Cricket Competition

James

Cricket Web Owner
The next Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket Competition has been created named The World Challenge.

Below are the matches included in this competition. Remember, if you choose to enter your team now, you can modify it as much as you like prior to the start of the competition.

To enter a team again this competition simply login to your account, or if you haven't yet registered you can do so here.

The World Challenge - this is a ODI Competition

Start Date - 06-02-2006
End Date - 06-03-2006

Below is a list of the matches that will be played for the selected competition.

Pakistan India 06-02-2006 Multan Cricket Stadium
Pakistan India 11-02-2006 Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium
Pakistan India 13-02-2006 Gaddafi Stadium
Pakistan India 16-02-2006 Multan Cricket Stadium
New Zealand West Indies 18-02-2006 Basin Reserve
Pakistan India 19-02-2006 National Stadium
Bangladesh Sri Lanka 19-02-2006 TBC
Bangladesh Sri Lanka 20-02-2006 TBC
New Zealand West Indies 22-02-2006 John Davies Oval
Bangladesh Sri Lanka 24-02-2006 Chittagong Stadium
New Zealand West Indies 25-02-2006 Jade Stadium
South Africa Australia 26-02-2006 SuperSport Park
New Zealand West Indies 01-03-2006 McLean Park
South Africa Australia 03-03-2006 Newlands
New Zealand West Indies 04-03-2006 Eden Park
South Africa Australia 05-03-2006 St George's Park
South Africa Australia 10-03-2006 Kingsmead
South Africa Australia 12-03-2006 Wanderers Stadium

James

Cricket Web Owner
Jamee999 said:
What competition will England in India ODI's come under?
As Neil said, the next one.

We run competitions for around a month each, to allow people the chance to regularly be apart of a fresh one.

Below is the schedule for the series:

31 Mar 2006 India England Nehru Stadium
03 Apr 2006 India England Nehru Stadium
06 Apr 2006 India England Nahar Singh Stadium
09 Apr 2006 India England Barabati Stadium
12 Apr 2006 India England Nehru Stadium
15 Apr 2006 India England ACA-VDCA Stadium

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for letting us know.

I've just disabled Shoaib Akhtar which will allow everyone to make two modifications when you next modify your team.

GDR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Since Sehway and Harbajan singh have returned home, will something be done about also beingg able to replace them?

James

Cricket Web Owner
I see that Afridi has been ruled out, but not Sehwag and Singh. Can you provide confirmation?

GDR

Sehwag, Harbhajan return to India
Indian opener Virender Sehwag and off-spinner Harbhajan Singh will return home from Pakistan to recover from injury, it has been announced.
Sehwag was ruled out of the third one-day international against Pakistan on Monday due to a shoulder problem.

Harbhajan has not played in the series at all due to a finger injury.

"Keeping in mind the volume of cricket in the near future, team management have decided the two players should rest," said chief selector Kiran More.

England arrived in India on Monday - and the first Test between those two opponents is on 1 March, in Nagpur.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/india/4707812.stm
I think that pretty much confirms it.

GDR

I have a question.
When the Pakistan vs India series is over- will we be able to take those players out of our team, so we can add new players or will we still be limited to 1 change as normal?

Thanks.

James

Cricket Web Owner
It's 1 player change per 5 days, so if you've picked 6 Pakistan players and 5 Indian players you're in a bit of trouble.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heh, yea - I had 7 Ind/Pak players initially (I changed Shoaib Akhtar almost immediately tho), having Sehwag was a kinda of bonus in a way because it meant I could change an extra player to someone from one of the teams that'll be playing 5 games later on.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Very true, and Scaly, aren't you missing a few competitions in your signature or would you rather not say ;)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James said:
Very true, and Scaly, aren't you missing a few competitions in your signature or would you rather not say ;)
Probably, but I couldn't fit in the 25ish Arcade games I'm 'champion' of or fit Newcastle Tournament champion 2004, Peterlee Tournament champion 2004, Middlesbrough Tournament champion 2004, Cleveland 2004 Winter A league champion, Cleveland 2004 Overall League champion, Middlesbrough 5-PP Tournament champion 2005, Cleveland 2005 Winter A League champion, Cleveland 2005 Overall League champion in either. Oh and I also won in a raffle three times over in the early 90s.