• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web - Fantasy Cricket - Clash of the Asian Heavy Weights

James

Cricket Web Owner
Clash of the Asian Heavy Weights - this is a TEST Competition

Start Date - 14-01-2006
End Date - 30-01-2006

Below is a list of the matches that will be played for the selected competition.

Pakistan India 14-01-2006 Gaddafi Stadium
Pakistan India 22-01-2006 Iqbal Stadium
Pakistan India 30-01-2006 National Stadium

James

Cricket Web Owner
The Pakistan Squad has been named and corrected within the Clash of the Asian Heavy Weights Fantasy Cricket competition for the upcoming Pakistan/India test series.

The following changes have been made:

Entered

Raffatullah Mohmand - E Player Rating
Yasir Hameed - C Player Rating

Removed

Hasan Raza
Mushtaq Ahmed

If you have Hasan Raza or Mushtaq Ahmed within your team please login to your Fantasy Cricket account and select another player.

Pakistan Full Squad

Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousaf, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Sami, Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Asim Kamal, Yasir Hameed, Raffatullah Mohmand

Sudeep

International Captain
James said:
The Pakistan Squad has been named and corrected within the Clash of the Asian Heavy Weights Fantasy Cricket competition for the upcoming Pakistan/India test series.

The following changes have been made:

Entered

Raffatullah Mohmand - E Player Rating
Yasir Hameed - C Player Rating

Removed

Hasan Raza
Mushtaq Ahmed

If you have Hasan Raza or Mushtaq Ahmed within your team please login to your Fantasy Cricket account and select another player.

Pakistan Full Squad

Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Salman Butt, Shoaib Malik, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousaf, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Kamran Akmal, Shoaib Akhtar, Rana Naved-ul-Hasan, Mohammad Sami, Danish Kaneria, Arshad Khan, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Asim Kamal, Yasir Hameed, Raffatullah Mohmand
James, this is a provisional squad, which will undergo training sessions. I assume Pakistan will name a different squad for each Test, in which case some of the new players might not even be a part of either of the squads for the three Tests.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah definately Sudeep, players who don't make the final squad will be removed and managers will have a chance to replace them within their team.

More than likely Pakistan are likely to choose their starting eleven from within those players and retain the others within an extended squad I would say.

Rich2001

International Captain
Just a reminder that this competition starts this week so if you haven't already submitted a team then be quick you don't want to be at a disadvantage.

James

Cricket Web Owner
To those of you interested in playing Cricket Web's Fantasy Cricket India v Pakistan Test Competition I suggest you get your team in ASAP with the first match starting later today. You can signup and enter your team here - http://www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket . There are already close to 600 teams competing in this competition!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Scaly piscine said:
Mediocre start from me, even behind Marc.
You really are pathetic, aren't you - the only thing you ever seem to measure yourself is against my team.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
You really are pathetic, aren't you - the only thing you ever seem to measure yourself is against my team.
Actually I compare myself with whoever is the best at a certain game, like in Battrick it's Adam, in the fantasy football it's Dale. But I thought I'd make an exception with the fantasy cricket and have a look how you're doing.

Try not to bite the reel off this time, fishing gear is damned expensive.

Rich2001

International Captain
superkingdave said:
well i have Sehwag but not Dravid, he was too expensive
I was kinda regeting the fact when I pick Y.Singh over M.Youhana but it's looking a tad rosier now.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
A little disappointed with 98th - wipeouts from Laxman and Butt not helping Sehwag, Dravid, Afridi and Akmal. Comfortably #1 in the Staff League, though!