• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions Thread

James

Cricket Web Owner
Do you have a suggestion on how we could improve our Fantasy Cricket competitions? If so, this is the place to tell us :)

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mentioned how the with the points, a batsmen makes 100 runs, gets 100 points, bowler gets 10 wickets, gets 50 points.

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sorry. Pitched the idea before that was posted, and didnt see that post.

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
Hero_Don said:
Minus the bonus points.
Eh?

I made an error myself. Bowler takes 10 wickets, he gets a hell lot of points more than a batsman scoring 100.

Rich2001

International Captain
Sudeep said:
Eh?

I made an error myself. Bowler takes 10 wickets, he gets a hell lot of points more than a batsman scoring 100.
For scoring a 100 a batsman would get 20 poinst for the runs + 10 points bonus = 30 points.

A bowler would get 75 points - 10*5 = 50 for the wickets and a 25 point bonus (I'll guess a 5 wkt haul bonus would be scored as well in one inngs at least so 85 points)

It is a much higher margin, and slightly higger than I relized but how often do you see a bowler take 10 wickets in a match compared to a batsman scoring a 100, they do both happen... but the batsman defiently have the higher rate of doing it so.

Will keep an eye on the bowlers efforts in the first comps though to see how it goes.

Last edited:

James

Cricket Web Owner
I would personally say that taking 10 wickets in a match far outways a batsman scoring a 100.

Personally 10 wickets in a match for one bowler would be worth a batsman scoring 200.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wouldn't compare 10 wicket hauls with 100s, for a start 10 wicket hauls are over 2 innings, 100 is one innings. 100s are far more frequent than 10 wicket hauls as well anyway. Compare 5 wicket hauls with 100s because they're of similar frequency (probably more 100s on average as a guess) and both are only one innings.

Ubsy

Cricket Spectator
Mini Forum

How about adding a mini forum attached to each user competition?
This way we can sledge/give guidance to our friends directly.

Ubsy

Cricket Spectator
I also agree with some previous threads about allowing people to see other teams.
This system operates in most big fantasy leagues around the globe.
You would only be able to see their team AFTER the lockout has begun.

Ubsy

Cricket Spectator
Just one more suggestion.....
How about a deduction points, from your total score for any excessive trades/changes during the trading period.
This will make people manage their trades a little more closely.

P.S I think this is the best free Fantasy cricket site out there. Some improvements could make it even better!!!

James

Cricket Web Owner
Welcome to the forums :)

Ubsy said:
How about adding a mini forum attached to each user competition?
This way we can sledge/give guidance to our friends directly.
A thread is enough IMO. Anyone is welcome to create a specific thread for their User Comp.

Ubsy said:
I also agree with some previous threads about allowing people to see other teams. This system operates in most big fantasy leagues around the globe.
You would only be able to see their team AFTER the lockout has begun.
I think this takes away the challenge of picking your very own team without relying on the guidance of others but that's just me.

What does everyone else think?

Ubsy said:
Just one more suggestion.....
How about a deduction points, from your total score for any excessive trades/changes during the trading period.
Could be done definately, but would need a rule around points lost, etc. I think it works well currently because no one can change their team while a match is in progress so no one from any specific time zone gets an advantage.

Ubsy said:
P.S I think this is the best free Fantasy cricket site out there. Some improvements could make it even better!!!.
Thanks very much, tell your friends :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Ubsy said:
You can only make 1 anyway.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
James said:
I think this takes away the challenge of picking your very own team without relying on the guidance of others but that's just me.

What does everyone else think?
Definitely - it would also allow unscrupulous people who are leading to mimic the teams challenging them in order to not be able to be overtaken.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
marc71178 said:
Definitely - it would also allow unscrupulous people who are leading to mimic the teams challenging them in order to not be able to be overtaken.
With only one change every five days & the normal length of the comps I don't think that would be a huge issue.

Ubsy

Cricket Spectator
BoyBrumby said:
With only one change every five days & the normal length of the comps I don't think that would be a huge issue.
I agree. You would only show the team during the lockout period.
This would add to the excitement of watching a game, where you know who your friend has in their team.

James

Cricket Web Owner
marc71178 said:
You can only make 1 anyway.
I think what he was referring to was opening it up so you can make as many changes as you like but say if you made 11 changes you'd lose 110 points, 10 for each change. That sort of thing. I could be misunderstood his suggestion though.

Ubsy

Cricket Spectator
James said:
I think what he was referring to was opening it up so you can make as many changes as you like but say if you made 11 changes you'd lose 110 points, 10 for each change. That sort of thing. I could be misunderstood his suggestion though.
You are right James.