• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suggestions Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's not so much as suggestion as raising awareness of a (possible) bug, really.

When I click on the "Full Standings" yellow button at the top of the Fantasy Cricket page I'm logged out & have to re-enter my user name & password.

Has anyone else noticed this? It's not a huge prob, of course, but better to know than not I say! :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
That's on my list of things to change, but thanks bringing it up anyway :)

I expect to make a fair few changes within the next month.

fscottb

Cricket Spectator
Roste changes

I don't know how much of a coding adventure it would be, but it would be nice to be able to pre-select your roster changes to avoid both time zone and game in progress difficulties. The same five day wait and game in progress rules would apply, you would just be able to state in advance what change you wanted to make when changes were next allowable. It often takes me two or three days of trying several times a day to get a change in. It was especially brutal when there were matches happening in both the West Indies and the subcontinent in the same series. There seemed to be about an eight minute window, at about 0230 Central Africa Time when I could put changes through.

Thanks,

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi Scott, modifications are disabled completely when a match is in progress.

I've had many Survey forms completed via the site, and hope to get some more changes made after the current series are finished.

Thanks for taking the time to post a suggestion :)

Rich2001

International Captain
andmark said:
Dont send a e mail each time i have modified a team
All e-mails can be disabled or partly disabled within your FC profile when you have logged in, simply pick and chose which e-mails you which e-mails you wish to recive.

Rich2001

International Captain
andmark said:
English and aussie county league
We did have a planned trial with the English domestic 20/20 comp lined up for the season that just passed to see if it would have been of intreste to our users - however we then decided to make changes to FC and then run it afterwards as life would have been easier from a back end point of view and the users would have had improved options and features etc.

What with James now moving overseas we decided to extend the suggestion period and then make as many changes as possible to improve things for the next version over the next couple of months.

But it's something we have been considering ourselves :)

fscottb

Cricket Spectator
Domestic championships

If UK county cricket is going to be considered, how about the MTN Domestic Championship here in SA or any of the other national domestic competitions? Are any of these domestic competitions going to add interest for overseas players, or are the only people who are going to be interested in them locals?

pug20g

Cricket Spectator
Player Choices & Wicket points

I thought I would throw in a couple of suggestions into the mix.

1. Player Choices
I find the 5bat, 1 AR 4 bowlers a bit restrictive especially in 1day/ 20/20 games. I would probably would like the flexibility in maybe adding an extra AR in lieu of a batsman or bowler or maybe an extra batsmen in lieu of a bowler etc.

2. Wicket Points
This one is probably for where a bowler is involved (ie not runouts etc) where if a bowler bowls out a recognised Batsmen, the point value is higher then say a bowler bowling out bowlers. WK can fall in the Batsmen category whilst AR can fall in the bowler category (as per rankings). There still will be the same bonus points for a 5 wicket haul etc as a wicket is a wicket.

I am sure there is some clarifications and nutting out details but it's a start. :mellow:

By the way - Fantasy Cricket has made a good game great!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
andmark said:
But there is the points you have to spend.
And a lot of the skill is in picking a team to start with rather than being able to keep chopping and changing.