• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Cricket Returns Bigger & Better Than Ever!

Rich2001

International Captain
Welcome Back!

Welcome Back to the newest version of Cricket Web's Fantasy Cricket. In the new update we have made some changes we had planned and also what you the users suggested to us you would like to see included.

Unfortunately due to bringing the release forward by over a month we were unable to include everything we had planned, so stay tuned in the coming months where we adding even more new features.

So on with what we have included in this update:

The New Look: Well the first striking difference is the look of the Fantasy Cricket section, we have created a more fun look with the bright bold colours and a more user friendly layout and navigation.

Test Cricket Is Here: You asked... we delivered; we have now included Test Cricket into our Fantasy Cricket game. Test cricket works in exactly the same way as the One Day version however the points scoring system has been modified slightly to reflect the Test game.

20/20 Cricket: 20/20 cricket isn't actually a confirmed feature at this stage. We have added the feature to enable us to add an extra competition with ease such as 20/20 or domestic cricket. However we want to work on ODI & Test cricket for a couple of months first to see how we handle that. If everything goes ok expect to see this as a confirmed addition.

User Leagues: A big addition to Fantasy Cricket is the ability to create user leagues to allow you to invite friends and family etc to participate in private league. You can create an unlimited amount of leagues and invite as many teams as you like.

Modifications: Again we listened to what you have all been saying about the modifications and we feel we have come to a compromise; managers will now be allowed to make unlimited modifications up until the start of a competition. Along with this we have also reduced the normal transfer system during a competition from 7 days down to 5 days.

Points System: We have made a few minor changes to the points scoring that can be seen Points Summary here, the introduction of losing points now is included in a small way and a few new scoring areas have been added.

Stats Tracking: From the main page you can now keep track of the latest competitions and the players form. From the 'Top 5' boxes you can view how well the players are performing by seeing the leading performers in their respective areas. Also, by using the more links you can obtain a full list of how many points every single player involved in the competition has scored.

Obviously we can't list all of the changes we have made otherwise your never get to play the game, but its safe to say that there are many more for you to discover as you play.

We appreciate all of comments and suggestions made in the forum and we hope that you enjoy this version of Fantasy Cricket just as much as you did the original; and keep an eye out for new additions in the coming months.

You may or may not have noticed that Fantasy Cricket isn't the only area we have been working on.

The Front Page has also seen a spot of re-organizing and a tidy up of the links on the left hand menu, along with the re-introduction of the On This Day feature we ran for a while before removing it to allow for an extra headline.

One of the new links on the left hand menu is a new Book Review section that we have created for all of you who enjoy a good read; the section gives an insight to the books and a rating from the reviewer. The list will grow over time and we welcome reviews you have done or suggestions for a book to be reviewed.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at fantasycricket@cricketweb.net.

Cricket Web.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The page lay outs look excellent. Top class.

Congrats to every one on the effort. Highly appreciated and happy at the achievment. :)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rich2001 said:
One of the new links on the left hand menu is a new Book Review section that we have created for all of you who enjoy a good read; the section gives an insight to the books and a rating from the reviewer. The list will grow over time and we welcome reviews you have done or suggestions for a book to be reviewed.
Top effort Archie with the reviews. Also superb idea to have the book review section.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks for your comments Pratyush, don't forget to tell all your friends about it ;)

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The fantasy cricket section certainly looks a lot more inviting. I think the point per run in Tests and ODIs is too generous (not sure for Twenty20), if we put aside the penalties for batting and bowling (the ducks would probably stuff bowlers as well as batsmen, unless they only count for batsmen) the average top order batter is going to get 30 in ODIs, 40 in Tests (per innings) - ie 30 or 40 points. The bowlers would get one and a bit wickets (say 1.6 for example) on average - that's 8 points in ODIs. Or you've got Tests where on average they'll get maybe 3 wickets per innings on average if you're lucky - 15 points. That's a big difference.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Fair points there Scaly. We'll be looking at the points at the end of first two competitions and they may well be re-worked depending on how we seem them working.

For the moment, take advantage of them :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It looks great and it is absolutely awesome to see test cricket included. Great work guys :)

Sudeep

International Captain
There seems to be a glitch. The first time I logged on using my username, I ended up in Eclipse's account. Second time, in Jono's. And am finally in mine. Not sure what's going on. And don't worry guys, I didn't change or even see your password. :p

Sudeep

International Captain
Another thing I noticed. It doesn't allow consecutive capital letters in Team Name. It changes "XI" to "Xi".

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sudeep said:
There seems to be a glitch. The first time I logged on using my username, I ended up in Eclipse's account. Second time, in Jono's. And am finally in mine. Not sure what's going on. And don't worry guys, I didn't change or even see your password. :p
:-O

Lol.

Rich2001

International Captain
Sudeep said:
I'll leave that one to James, I have no idea why that happened - It's never happened to me and I've been logging in for about 2 months with it now.

Rich2001

International Captain
Sudeep said:
Another thing I noticed. It doesn't allow consecutive capital letters in Team Name. It changes "XI" to "Xi".
Yep - Easy fix though I'am always telling James about that relating to other areas of the site so can change that for you.

GDR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I Like this, alot.
Good Work.
btw- Shouldn't Kallis be classified as an All-Rounder?

Rich2001

International Captain
GDR said:
I Like this, alot.
Good Work.
btw- Shouldn't Kallis be classified as an All-Rounder?
Me & James struggled on that for a long time the other night and wondered if he is still techincally an AR he has dropped of bowling alot this year and his bowling has really gone downhill latley.

However in saying that his overs per match is still quite high at 22 per match (11 per innings)

2005 Stats: Test Matches

Batting: 1011 Runs @ 47.13
Bowling: 20 wkts @ 39.35 (250 overs - 22 overs per match)

2005 Stats: One Day Internationals

Batting: 687 Runs @ 32.71
Bowling: 12 wkts @ 42. (93 overs - 3.7 overs per match)

Thoughts?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Sudeep said:
I've never heard this happening before in the history of CW FC and the logon pages have remained exactly the same as they always have.

What I beleive it was caused by is Sudeep having access to Cricket Web CMS and logging into FC at the same time, thus causing some cross over of PHP session variables.

I'll follow this up with Sudeep over MSN.

GDR

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Rich2001 said:
Me & James struggled on that for a long time the other night and wondered if he is still techincally an AR he has dropped of bowling alot this year and his bowling has really gone downhill latley.

However in saying that his overs per match is still quite high at 22 per match (11 per innings)

2005 Stats: Test Matches

Batting: 1011 Runs @ 47.13
Bowling: 20 wkts @ 39.35 (250 overs - 22 overs per match)

2005 Stats: One Day Internationals

Batting: 687 Runs @ 32.71
Bowling: 12 wkts @ 42. (93 overs - 3.7 overs per match)

Thoughts?
Although that might be the case the ICC website has him Listed as an Allrounder in Player rankings.
But he is also Listed in the batting and Bowling.

http://www.cricketratings.com/
He is Number 5 in batting.
Number 1 ranked Allrounder in the world.
Not in the Top 10 for bowling.

Thats just how i view it.
Final decison is yours. I suppose for the time being or for this series he could be Listed as Batsmen. In the future you can always change him to an Allrounder again if you feel the need to.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The ICC doesn't class players in their rankings - it's just a product of the 2 rankings.

For me, he still classes as an All Rounder to be honest, bowls too much to be just a batsman.

James

Cricket Web Owner
We'll be able to move Jacques Kallis at the end of the VB Series but until then he'll need to remain as a Batsman.

On the positive side, that means you can pick your favourite Shane Watson Marc ;)