• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Friends / office leagues or poools??

kaizar

Cricket Spectator
hi there admin

i was wondering if there exists the concept of a pool where a group of office peers or friends can view each others points directly rather than scanning the whole standings page??
if not do u think this could be initiated

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hi Kaizar, thanks for the suggestion. Yes this is currently being considered for a future version of our Fantasy Cricket software

deeps

International 12th Man
hey is this up yet?

I got about 7 of my friends to join up atm, and it'd be very much easier to just click on "league" and see everyone, as i dn't really want to see the rest of the standings.

Also, is it at all possible to view my mates teams, and them view mine etc. In most of the fantasy sport games, this is possible and adds to the excitement

James

Cricket Web Owner
deeps said:
hey is this up yet?
Yes it is up, was launched with the new FC software a couple of weeks ago. Have a read of this page and then get back to me if you have anymore questions.

deeps said:
I got about 7 of my friends to join up atm, and it'd be very much easier to just click on "league" and see everyone, as i dn't really want to see the rest of the standings.
Once you have a league created, it will appear in the Current User Competitions drop down menu on this page here.

deeps said:
Also, is it at all possible to view my mates teams, and them view mine etc. In most of the fantasy sport games, this is possible and adds to the excitement
This is something we can most certainly do and is what we've done for archived competitions, but we're wondering whether people want to keep their teams private.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think teams have to be kept private unless the manager agrees to let the other players see it to be honest.

fscottb

Cricket Spectator
User competitions

It would be great if the members of a private user competition could be able to view each other's rosters and scoring if that's possible. I'm trying to get friends from overseas into cricket, and the more participation they can have with the site the better my chances are of getting them hooked.

Thanks.

Rich2001

International Captain
fscottb said:
It would be great if the members of a private user competition could be able to view each other's rosters and scoring if that's possible. I'm trying to get friends from overseas into cricket, and the more participation they can have with the site the better my chances are of getting them hooked.

Thanks.
Hi Scott (I did just e-mail this to you, but will post here so it helps anyone else out)

At the momment we took the decision to keep everyones team private, if your wish to start a thread in this forum where you and you friends could keeps tabs / post your teams/points after each match feel free to do so - You can see the team and points for all archieved comps though if that's any help.

James

Cricket Web Owner
In a follow-up to Rich's post, I'll make a change to the next version of Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket allowing you to show or hide your team when adding it for the first time.