• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super Series

James

Cricket Web Owner
Super Series

Use this thread to discuss the Fantasy Cricket competition Super Series.

Series Matches

Australia World XI 05-10-2005 Telstra Stadium
Australia World XI 07-10-2005 Telstra Stadium
Australia World XI 09-10-2005 Telstra Stadium

Slow Love™

International Captain
Can we get some updated squads? :)

We've still got Tendulkar and Hayden listed, as well as Hogg, Kasper and Gillespie - and no Bracken, Tait or Hopes (or Inzy)...

James

Cricket Web Owner
Apologies, some one from the FC team will get on it within the next 24/48 hours.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Slow Love™ said:
Can we get some updated squads? :)

We've still got Tendulkar and Hayden listed, as well as Hogg, Kasper and Gillespie - and no Bracken, Tait or Hopes (or Inzy)...
Done :)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I'm entering now, but some of the categories look a bit harsh, you have to pick 2 openers from 3 even if you'd normally have Gilchrist as your opener, you can only pick one all rounder despite there being 7 selections to choose from including Michael Clarke and Jacques Kallis, Shaun Pollock.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just added my team. Was a bit hard deciding on my all-rounder, but I eventually just went for Freddie. Am hoping Hopes gets a run, he's in on a complete gamble.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
out of the 3 openers u can pick, only Sehwag is playing tomorrow, thats a bit silly, katich should be made an opener...

James

Cricket Web Owner
Hayden, am sorting out and will post up a news item in the Fantasy Cricket once I'm finished. Apologies for the mistake, when you try and do so much some things unfortunately are missed. I hope to get an extra person on board the CW Team to assist with FC and various other things shortly as its becoming very difficult for me to cope with everything.

As the competition was added a few weeks ago most people have added Katich as a batsman so will pick up points there.

James

Cricket Web Owner
In the event of a tie a random choice will be made on who the top three managers are.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Not wishing to whinge, but I'm just in the process of adding my team & the only two openers available are Sehwag (no probs there) & Gayle (not actually playing). Is there any chance of this being sorted as I'm loathe to pick someone who isn't actually playing.

Thanks. :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
Yeah, and no Aussie openers.

<--- in the same boat.

I would make a suggestion - if there are ties, would it be fairer to judge in favor of those who created their teams first, if these records are kept? (I realise this won't help me much as I'm putting my team in quite late, but it would reward those who gambled more).

Slow Love™

International Captain
Yep. picked mine too. Would have liked to have had Katich in that spot if he could have had his category adjusted, but not to be (I picked him in the middle order anyway, but it would have freed up some valuable points to spend elsewhere)...

Oh, well. Will need some luck. :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Good suggestion Slow-Love - we'll run with that :)

Regarding the opener positions, Katich and Gilchrist will be the openers right? Well, Gilchrist is the wicket-keeper so shows in the wicket-keeper drop down menu while Simon Katich wasn't talked about opening until just a few days ago while this competition was created a couple of weeks ago so its proved difficult.

You'll still pick up points for Katich whether he plays as an opener or a middle order batsman in the game today however.