• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Popular Players

Rich2001

International Captain
Hey Guys

All gone a bit quiet in here so for a bit of fun for you :D

Cricket Web's fantasy cricket started pretty much a year ago now. In that time we have had 4580 teams entered into our comps (At time of posting), big question is who do you think has been the most popular picks in those teams (Extra points if you can say how many time they have been picked too :p )?

Using the normal format of:-

Opener 1:
Opener 2:
Batsman 1:
Batsman 2:
Batsman 3:
WK:
AR:
Bowler 1:
Bowler 2:
Bowler 3:
Bowler 4:

I've gone through each team one at a time and noted who was picked (honest :D) but who came out on top do you think?

Unfortuantly you win not alot, but the satisfaction of being clever :D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hmm quite tough. I have a fair idea about some positions, but not too many. I'll have a go, bet I'm way off. I'm not gonna bother guessing how many times they were picked though :p

Opener 1: Hayden
Opener 2: Trescothick
Batsman 1: Ponting
Batsman 2: Dravid
Batsman 3: Clarke (?)
WK: Gilchrist
AR: Flintoff
Bowler 1: McGrath
Bowler 2: Lee
Bowler 3: Akhtar
Bowler 4: Murali

I tried to think what the popular picks would be considering its been one year since it started. So late 2003/early 2004 form would be important too. With Tendulkar injured for much of this year, I didn't include him as opener but knowing my luck he was a popular choice. :dry: