• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T&N Trophy Challenge V

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just interested to see if anyone else was somewhat stuffed by WI getting KO'ed. I had 3 WI players and 0 Pak players, so there goes my chance of a top 10 finish - at the time of writing I was joint 26th.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My 2 teams have 2 in each, but seeing as I occupy the top 2 spots, I feel I should be safe enough. :D

Scaly piscine

Surprises me how far off an optimum team the highest score always is, I've had a few duffers in my team (Gayle, Hayden etc.) and picked a guy who didn't even play (I gave up picking Pak players, it's almost impossible trying to pick a bowler who'll definitely play beyond the most expensive one so instead I pick Aussie bowlers who of course get rotated and miss 2/3 games each...) but I'm still doing quite well (is annoying not knowing who on these forums is who on the fantasy league, limits sledging potential).

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The optimum team will in theory be too expensive to select.

I was certainly helped by the SL tour of NZ ending early, as my team was based on teams in the VB - but with 6 more SA vs Eng and only 2 or 3 VB's left, I need to hope someone doesn't have a stormer!

Slow Love™

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Just interested to see if anyone else was somewhat stuffed by WI getting KO'ed. I had 3 WI players and 0 Pak players, so there goes my chance of a top 10 finish - at the time of writing I was joint 26th.
I was screwed when the Sri Lanka/New Zealand series was scrapped. So far, this is probably my worst performance to date. Up to this point I've managed to finish just inside the top ten or just outside it, but I don't think it's gonna happen this time. Sitting at 45th right now.

12th Man

U19 12th Man
NZ v SL messed me up too.

I had McCullum, Vettori and Vaas. Plus, why are india hardly playing any ODI's at the minute. They used to play about 60 a month.

Warne on Ranatunga: He's getting large. He must have swallowed a goat or a sheep or something.

Ranatunga on Warne It's better to swallow a goat or a sheep than swallow what he's been swallowing.

Scaly piscine

marc71178 said:
The optimum team will in theory be too expensive to select.

I was certainly helped by the SL tour of NZ ending early, as my team was based on teams in the VB - but with 6 more SA vs Eng and only 2 or 3 VB's left, I need to hope someone doesn't have a stormer!
I meant optimum including the limitations of expenditure.

I like others had a few NZ'ers but I think everyone was in that boat so that didn't stuff anyone particularly.

Scaly piscine

I think my A/B players (Hayden, Gayle & Sarwan I think) did worse than my C+ players, still can't believe I've gone up 2 places - can't be many Eng/SA players selected out there.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I now have 2 in each of my teams - Smith and Pietersen in 1 and Smith and Strauss in the other.

Scaly piscine

Geraint Jones, Giles, Ntini, Gibbs and one more on the last game of the series. I guess I'll finish around 14-15th now unless there is an exceptional performer in the last ODI.

andyc

only pietersen and nel for me. heres hoping for nel to bowl out everyone except pietersen, wholl go on to make a double century. hey.. it could happen :D!

Slow Love™

International Captain
Congratulations, Marc! First and second spot - sneaky bugger. What's the cunning plan? :)

I went lousy this time around - I think it was 46th. The next one's going to be weird, being so short.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Slow Love™ said:
Congratulations, Marc! First and second spot - sneaky bugger. What's the cunning plan? :)
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! ;)

Basically the same one I used in IV, but I was helped by the SL in NZ games being cancelled as I had hardly any of them in my team.