• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web - T&N Trophy Challenge IV - WINNER!

James

Cricket Web Owner
Well its been another fantastic T&N Trophy Challenge with the final top 10 split by less than 136 points.

Congratulations to Vincent McBurney, who managed Zim in the mix Of Australia to the overall title with a fine total of 998 points.

The runners up were Ben Washbourn who managed Country Hick into second place with 960 points and third place went to Vincent McBurney who managed to accumulate 929 points with his team Bit of a mix.

Congratulations to all the managers who took part and we look forward to seeing you all take part in our next competition T&N Trophy Challenge V.

The T&N Trophy Challenge V has already started but with 30 ODIs apart of this competition you have lots of time to build up your points!

Regards,

The Cricket Web Fantasy Cricket Team

http://www.cricketweb.net/fantasycricket

Slow Love™

International Captain
Congrats Mr McBurney! Two teams in the top three is pretty impressive. If you're reading, were the teams very different, or was there just a variation or two?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slow Love™ said:
Congrats Mr McBurney! Two teams in the top three is pretty impressive. If you're reading, were the teams very different, or was there just a variation or two?
Ditto

I was joint 33rd, if there had been a full compliment of ODIs for England v Zimbabwe I'd have probably gone up a few more places (I was about 120th before the series).

Sudeep

International Captain
Not a flashy performance by the second runner-up of T&N Trophy III, but what the heck - we atleast beat Master Aldex's XI, that propagated to inflict one upon us. :)

vmcburney

Cricket Spectator
I can't retrieve the teams now but they both had about four Zimbabwe players for the whole competition and they both ended up with a full complement of England and Zimbabwe players which meant they rocketed up the leaderboard from the 60s to 1 and 3.

The teams had about seven differences but the winning team had Bell, Vaughan, Matsikinyeri, Wharf, Gough etc. 3rd placed team had Jones and jumped from 8 to 3rd in the final game.

My strategy assumed England and Zimbabwe would play five ODIs so I was lucky to get over the line when they reduced it to four.

James

Cricket Web Owner
These were the teams:

1st Place

Opener 1 Brendan Taylor 46
Opener 2 Vikram Solanki 121
Bat 1 Michael Vaughan 82
Bat 2 Ian Bell 135
Bat 3 Stuart Matsikenyeri 111
Wicketkeeper Tatenda Taibu 65
Allrounder Elton Chigumbura 170
Bowler 1 Darren Gough 55