Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: *Official* Final: Portugal vs France

International 12th Man
    Any tournament that lets pepe and portugal win is a ****** tournament

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I actually really rather enjoyed the tournament on the whole, don't really have a lot of beef with the final game either. Thought it was alright.

Anyway, well done Portugal, best team on the night won. Can't really begrudge them the victory. Even if France choking has lost me my goddamn sweepstake money.

Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    Any tournament that lets pepe and portugal win is a ****** tournament
    Pepe was fine. Unless he did something dire in the Austria & Hungary games, which I missed, I really couldn't fault him at all in this tournament. Maybe there's a different culture at his club side which brings out the worst in their players, but I honestly thought he was terrific here.

Obviously Germany should have won, but if Lowe cba to play an out-and-out goal scorer in front of their midfield, then I can't be sympathetic.
    And as for France, whilst I'd have preferred them to win last night, they really didn't deserve to, so kudos to Portugal. Even when that donkey of a substitute centre forward his the post for France just before the end of normal time, that was his own fault for scuffing the ball so badly.

The tournament as a whole was middling - maybe a 6 out of 10 affair. Not a patch on 2000 or 1984 of course, but not dissimilar to most euros, which are generally less interesting than WCs.
    Last edited by wpdavid; 11-07-2016 at 07:37 AM.

Who is this out and out goalscorer Löwe should have played?

Bearing in mind the player he did select scored 32 goals for Bayern Munich last season.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Pepe was fine. Unless he did something dire in the Austria & Hungary games, which I missed, I really couldn't fault him at all in this tournament. Maybe there's a different culture at his club side which brings out the worst in their players, but I honestly thought he was terrific here.

Obviously Germany should have won, but if Lowe cba to play an out-and-out goal scorer in front of their midfield, then I can't be sympathetic.
    And as for France, whilst I'd have preferred them to win last night, they really didn't deserve to, so kudos to Portugal. Even when that donkey of a substitute centre forward his the post for France just before the end of normal time, that was his own fault for scuffing the ball so badly.

The tournament as a whole was middling - maybe a 6 out of 10 affair. Not a patch on 2000 or 1984 of course, but not dissimilar to most euros, which are generally less interesting than WCs.
    I just dont like pepe and ronaldo, also I'm a sore loser

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post

Bearing in mind the player he did select scored 32 goals for Bayern Munich last season.
    I'd have brought back Klose with a walking stick

Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post

I take it we're discussing Muller here.

Genuine question so forgive me, but where does he actually play for his club side? Out and out striker, or behind the striker arriving late from midfield?

My point, however badly made, was that he may be playing a slightly different role for the national side and would benefit from having almost any decent striker in front of him. Maybe not Mario Goetze tbf, but surely there's someone serviceable in the Bundesleige.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    I take it we're discussing Muller here.

Genuine question so forgive me, but where does he actually play for his club side? Out and out striker, or behind the striker arriving late from midfield?

My point, however badly made, was that he may be playing a slightly different role for the national side and would benefit from having almost any decent striker in front of him. Maybe not Mario Goetze tbf, but surely there's someone serviceable in the Bundesleige.
    Müller plays as a forward for Bayern. Not an out and out striker, half inside forward half winger in old money really.

All the top Bundesliga strikers aren't German. It's a big problem they've managed to paper over for years with Klose but they seem to produce loads of number 10s or wide forwards like Müller and Reus rather than out and out strikers.

I flew back to the UK for a holiday on the day of the final, and arrived in Swansea to see one of the best local newspaper front pages I can remember: "Swansea Reject Scores Winning Euro Goal"

Great tournament IMO of course.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information