• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Semifinal One: Portugal vs Wales

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Iceland hadnt scored that late goal in the group stage, Portugal would have finished second in their group and in the other half of the draw. Granted they'd have beaten us, but they'd have likely lost to France. And here they are. Funny old game as someone may have once said

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Why do all losers these days try to console themselves by saying what they'd have settled for if they'd been told what would have happened before it started. Tired and boring old cliché.

As for the result I think I'm fairly content as Ronaldo losing in the Final would be funnier than Wales. I know it's grasping at straws after your own country's pitiful performance but it's better than nothing.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Why do all losers these days try to console themselves by saying what they'd have settled for if they'd been told what would have happened before it started. Tired and boring old cliché.

As for the result I think I'm fairly content as Ronaldo losing in the Final would be funnier than Wales. I know it's grasping at straws after your own country's pitiful performance but it's better than nothing.
Don't remember England doing this.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I was actually sad enough to look this up on some TV database site. There really were no episodes between 1972 and 1974...apparently.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I know this has strayed somewhat and no one really cares about my TV appearance, but I actually was on it. In the early 70's there was a craze for English towns and villages become twinned with similar towns in France. Panorama did a feature on it and came to my primary school and the primary school we were twinned with. I was seen on screen when the camera panned across the assembly hall.

Anyway returning to the Euros - at least UEFA had the sense to do away with the 3rd/4th place off, unlike the World Cup.