Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: *Official* Quarterfinal One: Poland vs Portugal

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    There's something about them that makes me doubt they can win it, even though they're already in the semis. Ronaldo's mental state is a mess and it's rubbing off on the whole team.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    The bloke is like a poisonous tree in the garden. They desperately want his fruit, but there will come a point where his corrosive effect on the general atmosphere around the team becomes more trouble than it's worth. I suspect this point won't actually come before this tournament ends, but I'd be surprised if he's still a part of their setup for a great deal longer. It reminds me a bit of Thierry Henry's last few years at Arsenal. Bloke is by far the best player in the squad, and he knows it and isn't afraid to shout about it. It'll inevitably lead to other players thinking they cbf to put up with it.

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    Portugal have had such a friendly run so far. They haven't faced one truly excellent team yet.
    Croatia are a good side. Modric/Rakitic is a hell of a midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    The bloke is like a poisonous tree in the garden. They desperately want his fruit, but there will come a point where his corrosive effect on the general atmosphere around the team becomes more trouble than it's worth. I suspect this point won't actually come before this tournament ends, but I'd be surprised if he's still a part of their setup for a great deal longer. It reminds me a bit of Thierry Henry's last few years at Arsenal. Bloke is by far the best player in the squad, and he knows it and isn't afraid to shout about it. It'll inevitably lead to other players thinking they cbf to put up with it.
    Yeah I think he's having that effect too. Last night he was holding the team back, which is obviously the exception but still pretty remarkable given the "one-man team" stereotype about Portugal. And you just know he went straight into the dressing room and blamed everyone but himself. I don't think they should be looking to get rid of him any time soon though, especially now they've convinced him to play up front where their next best options are so bad. But RM should definitely be looking to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    Croatia are a good side. Modric/Rakitic is a hell of a midfield.
    Yeah I don't think they've had that friendly a run. Belgium and France have both had a much easier route to the semis.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Yeah, I don't think Portugal will have the balls to axe him, mainly because like you say he is just so much better than their best alternatives, so it'd still be cutting their nose off to spite their face at this stage. If he's to leave the setup it'll have to be of his own accord (which tbh I don't think seems that unlikely), but I suspect it could be a blessing in disguise.

RM would find replacing him, or at least getting a new player of high quality in, a lot easier though, so I agree they should get shot asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah I don't think they've had that friendly a run. Belgium and France have both had a much easier route to the semis.
    Portugal had a shite group that they couldn't even win a game in.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Belgium and France had really easy groups to get through too and easier knockout opponents.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    Yeah I actually forgot about Croatia completely. Fair point.

They now get Wales in the semi though
    Uppercut likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by weldone View Post
    Wow baby, that gave me an orgasmic pleasure!
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaagarkarajaaja View Post
    All Prasie to Ajit Bhalchandra Agarkar, the pride of Mumbai, the terminator at Adelaide.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoL View Post
    I've joined this forum, just so that i can agree with OverratedSanity...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information