• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 thread

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Belgium maybe, but Portugal are turd. Wouldn't really call them favourites against Poland. Nani almost comically bad at stuffing attacks up, along with his fluke assist the other night.
Poland are ****ing crap, they were 5 minutes away from losing twice to Scotland in the qualifiers ffs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That was impressive.

I wonder if the team that wins this half of the draw will win the thing as whichever one of France/Germany/Italy/Spain will surely have taken too much out of themselves to get to the final.
England tbh :ph34r:

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That was impressive.

I wonder if the team that wins this half of the draw will win the thing as whichever one of France/Germany/Italy/Spain will surely have taken too much out of themselves to get to the final.
You may well be correct there. Which is why it is so frustrating for an England fan that Hodgson has messed it up so badly putting them in the tough half of the draw.

Redbacks

International Captain
Great header by Giroud, looking at the replay, the ball played to him was in the perfect position to engage the man in front and cause his marker to follow him.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Not sure what to expect from tomorrow's games. Italy vs Spain could just be a tactical bore. England likely to provide drama by finding a way to struggle, go behind or have pens vs England though.

Uppercut

Belgium maybe, but Portugal are turd. Wouldn't really call them favourites against Poland. Nani almost comically bad at stuffing attacks up, along with his fluke assist the other night.
Portugal were playing a very good team tbf. They're better than Poland by miles.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The journo's are usually right and they have Sterling and Kane back tonight with Sturridge also playing and Lallana left out. Uncle Roy has a diabolical tournament record overall and never won a knockout match. Presumably if he wins tonight and then loses to France in the quarters he gets another contract.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Sturridge playing is fine, but Vardy should be in over Kane and Lallana over Sterling.

Uppercut

I have England only slightly better than 50-50 to go through tonight. Feel like no matter how many times Iceland show on the pitch that they're a pretty good team, people still don't believe it because the country has a small population. They dominated qualifying, matched Portugal, and shaded Hungary and Austria. They're quite a lot better than the two teams England failed to beat in the group stages and their status as minnows has the potential to induce a trademark choke.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I have England only slightly better than 50-50 to go through tonight. Feel like no matter how many times Iceland show on the pitch that they're a pretty good team, people still don't believe it because the country has a small population. They dominated qualifying, matched Portugal, and shaded Hungary and Austria. They're quite a lot better than the two teams England failed to beat in the group stages and their status as minnows has the potential to induce a trademark choke.
They're just so grim though (I realize this charge should be levelled at England too). Lagerbäckur is a true believer in defence.

And they ended up runners-up to the Czech Republic in qualifying, and look how that team turned out

Uppercut

They're just so grim though (I realize this charge should be levelled at England too). Lagerbäckur is a true believer in defence.

And they ended up runners-up to the Czech Republic in qualifying, and look how that team turned out
Careful now, you're starting to sound like Ronaldo.

They're only moderately grim, all things considered. Nothing approaching NI vs. Poland and Germany. There's a lower limit on how grim a team with Gylfi Sigurdsson can be.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
all the jokes about Király did get on my nerves tho

Fabulous character but time to hang up the sweatpants lad
They did rather, but I just kind of toned them out, they got old for me when he was still playing in England many moons ago. They were made even more annoying, of course, by the fact that he was still really rather good.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
If you're playing Hungary and have Gylfi and Kolbeinn in the team you could probably afford to open up without too many consequences though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They're quite a lot better than the two teams England failed to beat in the group stages and their status as minnows has the potential to induce a trademark choke.
Quite a bit worse than the team we did beat, too, though. Not sure it means anything.

England will win tonight.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I fully expect England to win tonight as well. But I imagine it will inevitably be a fairly arduous watch.

Uppercut

**** ye's, I need Iceland to go through as the last team in an accumulator, so it's happening.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Left the Belgium-Hungary game at 1-0 in the second half. Damn they can play! So many chances. Vermaelen to miss the next game though. Was an absolutely unnecessary challenge too.

Tonight rooting for Brexit.