• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bad teams at international tournaments

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Inspired by Russia tonight

Zaire 1974
Netherlands 2012
Scotland 1998
Norway 2000
England 1972-2014

feel free to add your own

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Scotland 1954 take the biscuit. Pick 13 players in a 22 man squad so a bunch of SFA blazers and their wives get to go on an all expenses paid jolly, pack thick wooly jumpers for kit because Switzerland has lots of mountains (who knew it was warm in summer), consequently tired players wilt in heat of 2nd game and get thumped 7-0 by Uruguay.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Forgot Kuwait 1982, with the oil sheikh storming the pitch

His son is still active in sport politics because...yeah, sport politics

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
England in 2010 worth a shout imo. Performed worse than the 2014 lot if you ask me

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
That draw is against Algeria is probably the most angry I've ever been about a team I supported. I've lived through some **** so that says a lot.

I was pretty intoxicated but on my way home rang anyone who'd answer to tell them what I thought of Capello