Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: ***Official Commentary Complaints Thread***

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillian Thomson View Post
    I'm not saying he's a bad Human Being. Just that if you keep up to date with the rules you don't make a tit of yourself on live radio.
    Haha I know

He's not the only one. Seen it all over Twitter etc

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I like Pat Nevin too, probably the most insightful pundit outside of Sky. Shame they never get him on MOTD.
    GIMH likes this.

What the **** am I reading?
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Glenn Hoddle is ****ing blind. Confidently declares that Perisic's shot took no deflection despite the replay showing a clear deflection.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Even if it didn't he was overly harsh on De Gea I think. Really stuck the boot into him.

Obviously a keeper being beaten at his near post is usually pretty poor show, but Perisic's shot would have been saved if it was even an inch or two to the right of where it ended up, it zipped in right across the ground and in the tiniest space that De Gea didn't quite have covered. Arguably he still should have saved it, but it was by no means a howler in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Even if it didn't he was overly harsh on De Gea I think. Really stuck the boot into him.

Obviously a keeper being beaten at his near post is usually pretty poor show, but Perisic's shot would have been saved if it was even an inch or two to the right of where it ended up, it zipped in right across the ground and in the tiniest space that De Gea didn't quite have covered. Arguably he still should have saved it, but it was by no means a howler in my opinion.
    Yeah this grinds my gears. Commentary Wisdom states that the striker should always shoot to the far post and the goalkeeper should never be beaten at the near post. This makes no sense.

In early for the ESPN use of OT and PKs. With the knockout games it will probably crop up during the first match.

Lawrenson snarking about Ricardo Rodriguez based on a free kick that hit the wall, somehow totally unaware that he's one of the world's best left-backs.

Him with Pearce is just the worst.

Have to say the SonyESPN Hindi commentary in India is much better than I thought it would be.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post

Thing is, I feel its De Gea's biggest weakness, he does get beat there more often than he should, especially for someone with his reactions. It happens to all keepers at some point, but to De Gea more than most I feel. Can't quite put a finger on when I first noticed it, but I remember in the FA Cup final, as soon as Puncheon got the ball, I was thinking if he goes near post it's 1-0... I just knew Dave wouldn't save it, and I think strikers are noticing the weakness too. De Gea deserves a call out on it for once.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricketer Of The Year
    "Strange to see Wales playing against a team with two players named Evans in it". Not quite destined for the same greatness as "They think it's all over."

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Thing is, I feel its De Gea's biggest weakness, he does get beat there more often than he should, especially for someone with his reactions. It happens to all keepers at some point, but to De Gea more than most I feel. Can't quite put a finger on when I first noticed it, but I remember in the FA Cup final, as soon as Puncheon got the ball, I was thinking if he goes near post it's 1-0... I just knew Dave wouldn't save it, and I think strikers are noticing the weakness too. De Gea deserves a call out on it for once.
    Yeah interesting point, but I'd argue it's probably because he's a better keeper than everyone else. If you never get beaten at your near post you're positioning yourself far too close to it.

Cricketer Of The Year
    Not a match commentary, but Alvin Martin said on talkSPORT that if England are serious about winning the tournament they have to reach at least the semi-finals.
    harsh.ag likes this.

Danny Murphy. Dire.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information