• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Commentary Complaints Thread***

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Knuckleball is a baseball term. Ball has minimal spin and can move erratically due to the seams.

Weak side defender is more puzzling for me. Just say near post or far post if you describing defending in the box. That's a Basketball term.
According to nba.com weak side is the side away from the ball. Whatever. Just say far post then.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, whenever I hear American commentators like that I always think of those vids from the 2014 WC with WWE commentary dubbed over them.

Love this one in particular, links up so perfectly:

:laugh:
Still one of the most amazing games of football I've seen. I got into the house and put the TV on 20 minutes in so the following 10 mins was surreal.

Love the 'stop the damn match', think that's the best one.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
For some reason Rio got really stern and irritable at half time of Italy v Belgium and it was just weirdly great.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm a little excited we get a full season of Ray in the La liga this season, though i suspect he'll become unbearable as the season goes on.

Redbacks

International Captain
Bein sports has been good. But maybe just because its different voices to fox. Ruud Gullit is not bad.

Last edited:

Pothas

Bilic is amazing.

Think the studio punditry has actually been pretty good, the commentary is still fairly annoying.

Pothas

I don't really get what Hoddle is doing on TV after what he said about disabled people. Not because his comment was so horrifically offensive (although it is), but how can he have any credibility after something like that? Why would anyone value his opinion on anything? Dog**** pundit too of course, but that's secondary.
Even stranger are the amount of people that still think he should have some kind of major role in English football. I just read 50 years of Hurt, which is mostly pretty good, but time and time again Winter and those he interviews go on about how great he was as manager and how he should still play a role. I know he was one of the technically best players England had ever had but I find it really bizarre.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lawro is such an arsehole, not even going to bother watching the second half because I can't handle any more of him. Hopefully he doesn't get any good games.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I've red-buttoned it and am listening to the 5 Live comms. He is just so bad. There are lots of dreadful commentators out there, but he surely has to rank amongst the worst. Odd really, as I've never really minded him as a pundit.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon he gambled away all the money he made as a pro and now this is the only way he can pay the bills, but he hates every minute of it.

Pothas

Unlikely that he will, he has been so obviously determined not to enjoy this one, feel bad for Guy Mowbray for having to work with him, does well not to punch him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Odd how as a player I always thought Craig Bellamy was a horrible **** of the highest order. But as a pundit he comes across very reasonable. Says sensible things and isn't an oik about it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
ITV commentator on Friday: France have won 9 out of their last 10 games. The only game they didn't win was at Wembley against England.
ITV commentator tonight: France have won 10 out of their last 11 games. The only game they didn't win was at Wembley against England.

This is going to end up being a ****ing meme isn't it?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's pretty much what happens every tournament though isn't it? Anything to big up "the boys".

Today, an old lady found an abandoned lottery ticket, and a four leaf clover, and her dog went to be groomed, and Joe Bloggs from Milton Keynes bought a banana. Guess the last time all that happened? That's right, 1966.