Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: The Wales thread -- as proudly promoted by Grecian

The Wales thread -- as proudly promoted by Grecian

Long-awaited, but, as our esteemed sponsor Grecian explained, much-needed so that "respectable people can avoid it"

I know it's probably only Grecian and me that are really gunning for Wales this time round, but let's take a step back and celebrate the tremendous achievement of our first qualification for a major tournament since 1958. And, yes, we didn't qualify for that one really, but by god we beat those Brazilians, so who's splitting hairs? Not me and my boyo Grecian, that's for sure, I can tell you.

So let's put all our Cymru content by-here, with Grecian and me leading the Bread of Heaven chorus, and celebrate the new dawn of a new era of the new arising of a new superpower: Croeso, we say, Croeso!!!
    Pratters, Uppercut, _Ed_ and 1 others like this.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Owain Fon Williams, released last year by a club who had just been relegated to the conference, and gets a gig in the SPL and a trip to the Euros with the Welsh for his troubles

Welsh and Scots slammed in one swoop, I can relax now.

I do love Fonners though
    Last edited by GIMH; 08-06-2016 at 11:59 PM.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    All the best.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Any dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions yet?
    BoyBrumby and nick-o like this.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of ESAS, JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I'll definitely be cheering them on against anyone but the Irelands. Hopefully every other player's relative incompetence means Bale and Ramsey are given the freedom to shoot from anywhere.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I will secretly (but probably not that secretly) pee my pants laughing if they beat England. And I actually quite like this England side too, easily the most likeable squad for best part of 10-15 years. The butthurt from the general public if Bale and Co roll them over would/will be greatly amusing though.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I will secretly (but probably not that secretly) pee my pants laughing if they beat England. And I actually quite like this England side too, easily the most likeable squad for best part of 10-15 years. The butthurt from the general public if Bale and Co roll them over would/will be greatly amusing though.
    Traitor

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    You can't talk, you basically live in Wales anyway.

Cricket Web Staff Member MW1304's Avatar
    Hexxagon Champion!
    Wait we have a likeable squad? I suppose it's mostly likeable aside from the few massive ****s like Vardy, Wilshere and Alli. Two of those are likeable football-wise I guess.

I like some of Wales' bang average players who don't look like athletes. Thinking of David Vaughan here really.

Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    Wait we have a likeable squad? I suppose it's mostly likeable aside from the few massive ****s like Vardy, Wilshere and Alli. Two of those are likeable football-wise I guess.

I like some of Wales' bang average players who don't look like athletes. Thinking of David Vaughan here really.
    Well, I meant it's not full of the old guard from the "golden generation", and there's now a team that's capable of actually playing attractive football rather than the "hoof it and run" headless-chicken style we've become accustomed to.

Vardy is super likeable. Said a bad word once but what a geezer

Haha, I think he is made more likeable through all of the chat **** get banged/having a party party/WKD memes that are going around. Don't really know much about the bloke other than his modest early career and that he's a handy player.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    I heard a rumour he came from non league football, think they might have mentioned it in commentary on one of his games for England - anyone else heard that?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    He's got a nasty streak too. I can't help but like him a bit either, but it's really because he fired a really likeable underdog to the title rather than for anything about him personally. If he was playing for Chelsea he'd be universally hated.

Cricket Web Staff Member MW1304's Avatar
    Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Vardy is super likeable. Said a bad word once but what a geezer
    He kind of said it over and over in a really aggressive way. Man's a ****, meme or not.
    Last edited by MW1304; 09-06-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information