Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Euro 2016 pub

Have we had a red card yet?
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    We have now.

Haha was inevitably going to happen.

Hall of Fame Member flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Furball View Post
    Have we had a red card yet?
    The Albanian was sent off after about 20 minutes for 2 yellows at the weekend.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    What's all this about a scratch and sniff?

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Portugal are one of the worst teams to watch. Take her out for dinner instead or she'll never watch another game.

I think it's been pretty good, but that might be mostly because so many of my favourite players have brought the goods. Great goals from Payet, Bale, Modric and Hoolahan already.
    Yeah think it has been pretty good, there were lots of people saying the group stages were going to be awful but don't think it has been the case at all so far. No great games but very few bad ones either, some great goals and plenty of chances.

International Vice-Captain Redbacks's Avatar
    The group games are often defensive but quite tense so having 16 teams go through possibly taken away a bit of the drama from results. That will amplify again once we get to the knockouts I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbacks View Post
    The group games are often defensive but quite tense so having 16 teams go through possibly taken away a bit of the drama from results. That will amplify again once we get to the knockouts I think.
    I can see a few boring games happening in the last 16 actually. Where you have group winners v 3rd place finishers which devolve into attack v defence.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

Russia vs Slovakia or Queens?? (Tennis) ... Major decision of the afternoon tv viewing....
    The supreme happiness of life is the assurance of being loved; of being loved for oneself, even in spite of oneself.
    Victor Hugo.
    Les MisÚrables.

Not I, not any one else can travel that road for you,
    You must travel it for yourself.
    ' Song of Myself ' , Leaves of Grass. Walt Whitman.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Yeah think it has been pretty good, there were lots of people saying the group stages were going to be awful but don't think it has been the case at all so far. No great games but very few bad ones either, some great goals and plenty of chances.
    I think the structure makes a draw in the first game a bad result, so everyone is trying to win. But we'll inevitably have situations in the second and third games where a draw suits both teams, so there'll be a few bad games then.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I think the structure makes a draw in the first game a bad result, so everyone is trying to win. But we'll inevitably have situations in the second and third games where a draw suits both teams, so there'll be a few bad games then.
    Teams that try for a draw but are incapable of doing it should be funny then. England spring to mind for a team who might try it but are frequently unable to manage a game like the Italians.

Seemed like both Italy and Iceland were wearing away strips when it didn't look like there would have been a clash? Albania look like they normally wear red but France does have red socks so that ones explainable.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    Seemed like both Italy and Iceland were wearing away strips when it didn't look like there would have been a clash? Albania look like they normally wear red but France does have red socks so that ones explainable.
    Nobody wears their alternate strip when there's a clash with the other team's shirt. They are meant to stand out from each other. It's when they don't clash the alternate kits are required.

Anyway, Italy, Iceland, Portugal and Belgium all play in dark tones/black. It's conceivable that at a glance or in peripheral vision it might be hard to distinguish a team mate from an opposition player, which probably explains the change.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Nobody wears their alternate strip when there's a clash with the other team's shirt. They are meant to stand out from each other. It's when they don't clash the alternate kits are required.

Anyway, Italy, Iceland, Portugal and Belgium all play in dark tones/black. It's conceivable that at a glance or in peripheral vision it might be hard to distinguish a team mate from an opposition player, which probably explains the change.
    Clash a poor word choice but yeah seemed odd. I guess I can buy the dark times it's just preferable to see regular strips. I'm probably more sensitive to this because the US paradigm of every away team wears white is annoying.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a marketing drive to wear all the strips to be honest, or some other initiative driven by a desire to make money.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information